Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Exhaust mods?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 12:47 PM
Adrenalinejunky has much to be proud ofAdrenalinejunky has much to be proud ofAdrenalinejunky has much to be proud ofAdrenalinejunky has much to be proud ofAdrenalinejunky has much to be proud ofAdrenalinejunky has much to be proud ofAdrenalinejunky has much to be proud ofAdrenalinejunky has much to be proud of
Exhaust mods?

I searched and came up with capping off the vac lines at the exhaust actuators, which is the same as stock “sport mode”. I want a little more but not a drone sound like others said about aftermarket exhausts. Has anyone just replaced or modified the mufflers? I don’t want to guy a muffler and have it be annoying loud. Just 10% more throaty sound is about what I’m looking for. Also I’m not looking to spend huge money. It’s a nice weather fun car.

Old 06-14-2018, 02:19 PM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Look at post from 5-11-18.

Last edited by 1eapplebaum; 06-17-2018 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-17-2018, 03:28 PM
philberticus has a spectacular aura aboutphilberticus has a spectacular aura about
Post from 5-15-18 is mine. I am very happy with the result fyi... very snarly

Old 06-17-2018, 04:04 PM
Kes
Kes is an unknown quantity at this point
Link to post?

Old 06-17-2018, 04:25 PM
philberticus has a spectacular aura aboutphilberticus has a spectacular aura about
Old 06-18-2018, 03:22 PM
Adrenalinejunky has much to be proud ofAdrenalinejunky has much to be proud ofAdrenalinejunky has much to be proud ofAdrenalinejunky has much to be proud ofAdrenalinejunky has much to be proud ofAdrenalinejunky has much to be proud ofAdrenalinejunky has much to be proud ofAdrenalinejunky has much to be proud of
Are we sure it’s Titanium?

Ok so I was digging around online for two reasons . 1 if it’s Titanium like the post says I saw where If its cut with a grinder the shavings can catch fire??? And not be put out with water.and 2 I would rather not use foil tape. I came across this as I was searching to see if I could weld it back up (I have a nice mig) but it won’t weld Titanium. And I guess as you weld it or sparks are near shavings they can catch fire???? There’s even a YouTube video of the Titanium shaving fire. I guess I would have never though.

So are we sure its titanium?? Am I way off on this?? Thanks

Old 06-18-2018, 04:07 PM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Titanium is not as (unstable) as magnesium. One would have to deliberately combine a few elements with the titanium to start a reaction.

in order to get a professional weld on white metal, which includes titanium , Tig weld it.

Do not know what material the exhaust is. However, if a magnet sticks; Mig weld away. Although, could be stainless, mildly magnetic, then Mig weld it, if you've got the touch. A titanium exhaust system turns yellowish.