Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2008 Bentley Continental Speed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 04:59 PM
Robblow is an unknown quantity at this point
2008 Bentley Continental Speed

Thinking if purchasing this car. In mint condition. 64k miles with 4 owners. Asking price is 49k. Any thoughts?

Old 07-26-2018, 09:28 AM
Rons GT Speed will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Robblow
Thinking if purchasing this car. In mint condition. 64k miles with 4 owners. Asking price is 49k. Any thoughts?
Hello Robblow. I am an owner of a 2008 GT Speed. Great car, however I would take it to a qualified repair facility and have it thoroughly checked out. They can have hidden electrical issues. Find outs to think about, both batteries replaced?, Brakes, engine performance check, the dreaded engine vacuum leaks, "expensive repair" possible worn suspension front and rear issues. If all is checked and pass I would say buy and enjoy. Great price.
Ron

Old 07-26-2018, 09:51 PM
Robblow is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Rons GT Speed
Hello Robblow. I am an owner of a 2008 GT Speed. Great car, however I would take it to a qualified repair facility and have it thoroughly checked out. They can have hidden electrical issues. Find outs to think about, both batteries replaced?, Brakes, engine performance check, the dreaded engine vacuum leaks, "expensive repair" possible worn suspension front and rear issues. If all is checked and pass I would say buy and enjoy. Great price.
Ron
Thank you for the response! I will get it checked for those components.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:11 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I have a 2008 Bentley GT Speed. It has been a pleasure to own. I only have 8000 miles on mine. Looks like the car you are looking at is at Bentley Goldcoast in Chicago. I bought a Rolls Royce Ghost from them last December, good people to work with. I felt with Joe Pirrilo.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:31 PM
Lucky John is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you buy it? My thought would be, what do you plan on using it for? I have ten cars and one of them is a Bentley FS Speed. It has low miles but I personally find the time delay in getting parts and rarity of finding service can be difficult. We are in a small town in Western Washington and the only Bentley Dealer is over a hundred miles one way. If it is to be an extra car than buy it. If you plan on daily driving it then you might want to make arrangements to have a back up mode of transport. Good Luck, John