6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Bentley (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley-42/)
-   -   Soft close door adjustment? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley/427975-soft-close-door-adjustment.html)

W. M. Hellinger 01-15-2019 09:58 AM

Soft close door adjustment?

I have a 2007 GT with the soft close door feature. The passenger door functions as it should, however the driver's door's soft close doesn't function... the door closes and opens fine, but won't "soft close". I figured the cable or motor was dysfunctional till yesterday when I discovered the driver's soft door close function actually does work, "depending". I discovered this by chance, the car was parked on a bit of a slope, with the driver's door "down hill" and I didn't quite close the door fully, and to my surprise the soft door function kicked in and sucked it shut the rest of the way, exactly as it should. Back home and with the vehicle on a level surface, I test closed the door a number of times and discovered if I close the door "just so", the soft close works. With that, I'm wondering if there's an adjustment to possibly the micro-switch or other that's maybe out of whack or is intermittent (possibly via barbarians slamming the door shut in the past) that could be adjusted or replaced to make it work as intended?

Rons GT Speed 01-15-2019 11:01 PM

Hello Hellinger. I have had a similar failure with my drivers door. However mine has failed, but I will now try its function in several positions thanks to your question. There is a real good response to my failed question in the tread. I have researched it and found that there is a mechanical device and motor in behind the door panel. I have not attempted to repair it because of what one of the members sent in a web link that you need to see. It is a vary dangerous feature that I can do without!!
You might consider defeating the function on the passenger door after looking at the persons damaged finger and reading the story.
Good luck
Ron
Door Soft close feature when closing GT Coupe.

W. M. Hellinger 01-16-2019 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Rons GT Speed (Post 4760686)
Hello Hellinger. I have had a similar failure with my drivers door. However mine has failed, but I will now try its function in several positions thanks to your question. There is a real good response to my failed question in the tread. I have researched it and found that there is a mechanical device and motor in behind the door panel. I have not attempted to repair it because of what one of the members sent in a web link that you need to see. It is a vary dangerous feature that I can do without!!
You might consider defeating the function on the passenger door after looking at the persons damaged finger and reading the story.
Good luck
Ron
Door Soft close feature when closing GT Coupe.

Ron: I previously read the referenced thread... and thanks to those who contributed. I've recently purchased a Ross Tech VCDS and am studying-up on using the tool before I plug it into the vehicle... I'm hoping it can shed some light on what might be the partial glitch before I dive into dismantling the door to access the soft close hardware. I also suspect this 2007 GT sat unused for "awhile" (months, maybe years) before my relative recent purchase of the vehicle... and I'm hoping cycling the door some just right to trigger the soft close feature may get it back in the pink as all the components have proven to be seemingly intact and functional.

carlosC4S 01-15-2023 05:18 AM

Hi guys, sorry a bit off topic but related to soft close, my doors on my Bentayga seem to only want to soft close, so I can’t just shut the door normally, unless another door is open to prevent a vacuum inside the cabin, do your doors close normally and only soft close if you don’t fully shut it, that’s how all of my other premium SUV’s have worked (I think LOL).

The normal close is a much cleaner and engineered sound that the soft close, I hate it.

Thanks
Carl