Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Gotcha differences between ‘05 and ‘07

Old 01-21-2019, 09:22 AM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
British has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud of
Gotcha differences between ‘05 and ‘07

There seem to be a million ‘05s Continentals available, I almost bought one last week, already had the vacuum lines rebuilt (don’t know if they reused plastic). Now I have my eyes on an ‘07. Is the couple years difference big in terms of reliability and maintenance? For instance, did they get the vacuum line sorted out by ‘07, or is that still something to plan on/budget for?

I worry about buying a “bargain” that turns out like buying a “cheap” boat...does investing in two more years make up for the cost of not-quite-sorted-out designs in 2004-2005?

Old 01-21-2019, 02:35 PM
Gerald_Miami_2015 is an unknown quantity at this point
It's hard to believe, Wikipedia does a Great Job of explaining the upgrades per year on the Bentley Continental GT
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bentley_Continental_GT

Old 01-21-2019, 08:05 PM
W. M. Hellinger is an unknown quantity at this point
One thing I've noticed is there's seemingly a difference in the front seat height adjustment range. I have both an 04 GT and an 07, and the 07's front seats seem adjustable to a comparatively considerably lower level than the 04's front seats. If my impressions are correct, this might be a consideration if one is tall enough for available headroom to be of consequence.

Old 01-28-2019, 02:02 PM
W. M. Hellinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Another thing I've noticed is seemingly my '07 GT up-shifts to 6th gear at a lower speed than my '04 GT. My '04 up-shifts to sixth somewhere a bit north of 60mph, while the '07 upshifts to sixth at about 50mph.

Old 02-06-2019, 10:58 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Vacuum hose is still a POS in the 2007. 2010 or thereabouts is the starting point, though personally after having two Bentely cars i'll never make that mistake again.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:14 PM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
British has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud of
I ended up buying the '05, you guys made me feel better about not really needing those two extra years. T

Old 02-15-2019, 03:07 PM
Randy V is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by British
I ended up buying the '05, you guys made me feel better about not really needing those two extra years. T

Let's see some pics.

Old 02-15-2019, 03:18 PM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
Having it shipped (or maybe I'll go get it) next week.

I like this color combination, it's the only one I've seen with it.

Old 02-15-2019, 05:12 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of

Old 02-16-2019, 03:24 PM
Samhain is on a distinguished road
That's awesome. I think that's one that I was looking at online - from MI right with chestnut wood? Hard to find a cool Neptune Blue one in the early years.

Old 02-17-2019, 01:14 AM
Randy V is on a distinguished road
Aewsome.

Let's see some more - in and out!

Old 02-17-2019, 07:53 AM
BrianBIN is an unknown quantity at this point
Year differences

Originally Posted by Randy V
Aewsome.

Let's see some more - in and out!
pretty color! I had a diamond black 2005 abd now have a 2008 Speed. Quite a few differences but I’m sure some are due to the speed edition. From memory some differences are:
new 3-spoke steering wheel
sat radio and Bluetooth phone
backup camera
new dash readout with digital speed and all kinds of other scrollable info
soft auto close doors
headliner is perforated leather and isn’t one huge piece - there’s a “divider” running front to back. The old cars had a tendency to have headliners sag in the back from heat affecting the glue and the weight of the leather.
Trunk closer
One-touch all close / open window controls with rear Window buttons
start / stop button in dash
i have a machine turned aluminum dash (05 was wood) and center console along with quilted leather on seats and door panels plus Bentley logos stitched in headrests (05 didn’t have either)
drilled pedals but that’s part of speed package.
Leather in 08 is MUCH softer.

Cant think of anything else offhand but I know there’s more.