Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

No access!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 02:22 AM
Randy V is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by joc44
When you pull the light, you put power to the battery and then BINGO
Please elaborate upon your cryptic solution.

Old 02-24-2019, 03:31 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Randy V
Please elaborate upon your cryptic solution.
Joc is correct, you use the plunger to remove the tail light, once the tail light is removed you apply power to the house battery, it is right there behind the tail light.
ALSO NOTE, as I will reply to David and others, the manual release lever inside the trunk on the boot lid itself is not manual at all, it is an electronic microswitch, therefore no power it does not work.

Old 02-24-2019, 03:51 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by David Gregory
n
Just to update on the above. Using a plunger will not work. Cannot access boot lock this way. Cannot gain access through bonnet as bonnet release cannot be used with door shut. With all doors deadlocked the solution is to jack front of car up on stands. Remove undertray and access fan power input. Connect external power to this cable and magically power is restored to batteries and doors and boot can be opened with remote.
luckily for me a local garage owner gained access boosted batteries and started car within 45mins. I am fitting a ctek charger to trickle charge. Thanks for all your suggestions.
Hello David,
Glad you got into the vehicle, for future reference the tail light plunger does work and can gain you access to the boot to get to the battery, it's right behind the tail light, as some have stated to removed the tail light and hit the boot release, that does not work as it is electric, sorry I did not see your post earlier because I would have suggested just as your local garage guy did, jack up the front end remove the tray, but I would have hooked up to the alternator lead, I don't know about the fan control wire, but the alternator lead is where I did it to power to the batteries, as I did on my A8L W12 when I was totally locked out, my fault for replacing the trunk lock cylinder with a RVC, as the A8L does not have positive connection under the hood like the Bentley, the second time it happened I went in the driver's door and sent 12 volts into the fuse panel to pop the boot lid, yes I replaced the battery right then and there.....

Old 03-01-2019, 01:39 PM
Rico.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Your better off taking one of the number plate light off and feed positive & negative power into the system with a small 12v charger, you can then open the boot ... No need to break a window or pull the rear light out ...

Old 03-01-2019, 02:01 PM
John Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Rico.Adams
Your better off taking one of the number plate light off and feed positive & negative power into the system with a small 12v charger, you can then open the boot ... No need to break a window or pull the rear light out ...
Hows the voltage gonna get past a switch that’s off ?

Would work if the bat drain was from leaving the side lights on as that bulb connect would be “ hot “ to the dead battery.

Old 03-01-2019, 02:32 PM
Isn't the side lights and rear number plate light connected to the alarm system, this is an open circuit and as far as Im aware it should work, only needs a small amount of power to unlock the boot. Its worth a try ...

Old 03-04-2019, 09:14 AM
This is what everyone needs to have fitted, so no more getting locked out if you battery fails ...