Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Av inputs on bentley gt 2005

Old 04-11-2019, 02:26 AM
Rajabf is an unknown quantity at this point
Av inputs on bentley gt 2005

I have been trying to gather information on getting getting the av inputs to work. I read up on the phaeton forms, but the information was not clear and pictures were not present. I am also having trouble with the TV tuner, it only displays static...... Can't seem to get anything to display, are my tuning parameters off?

Much appreciate any input.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:40 AM
steve.2.lowe is an unknown quantity at this point
Not sure where in the world you are but my '04 GT had analogue TV so needed the tuner changing to receive digital TV as analogue TV has been turned off here in the UK.

Old 04-11-2019, 07:43 AM
We still have analog here

I am in Saudi Arabia we still have analog TV here

Old 04-12-2019, 06:36 AM
Yoghurtshotgun will become famous soon enough
Yea as stated before you need to upgrade the anologue system to digital I've been trying to work out a way to do it also.i believe the tuner is in the rear under the parcel shelf I've yet to determine what box it is.i was also wondering if the pheaton tuner would plug straight in but then also I did read that you need a computer to rescan the channels (nightmare ) if you get any joy I'd be interested in hearing your results good luck

Old 04-13-2019, 02:04 AM
steve.2.lowe is an unknown quantity at this point
I've swapped out the analogue TV tuner for a digital one, it accessed from the boot and is under the parcel shelf on the right. Post copied below.

I've replaced the analogue TV tuner (part number 3D0919146) with a second hand digital TV tuner (part number 3D0919148) and not only has that given me digital TV but digital radio too. A change well worth the 30 minutes effort if you can find the part cheap enough. Steps as follows:-
Remove fuse for TV tuner.
Force re scan of Can gateway using VCDS or similar, channel 19, code 0000006 tells the gateway to discover the modules that are available and because you've pulled out the fuse, it will not see this module and think it is not installed.
Drop parcel shelf in boot.
Replace TV tuner (some butchery required of the aerial connectors).
Replace fuse for TV tuner.
Force re scan of Can gateway using VCDS or similar, channel 19, code 0000006 tells the gateway to discover the modules that are available and because you've replace the fuse, it will discover the new module.
Clear any errors using VCDS or similar on channel 57.
Trigger an auto scan via the central console and be patient while auto scan discovers channels!
Re-fix parcel shelf.
Works a treat and now have digital radio via the TV function.

Old 04-13-2019, 05:53 AM
Thanks for the reply

I did read that post and thanks for the information, and I will definitely try to refer to your guidance once I decide to take on that project.

I searched online and there is a way to connect av to the head unit, that way I could use screen mirroring, this would solve most of my problems with the nav and the music.

I was also wondering if anyone knew if the cd player could play mp3 cds. Can't seem to find the info anywhere.

And if anyone knew where I can get a owners manual pdf version for the bentley 2005 T0 2007.

Thanks

Old 04-13-2019, 09:10 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Rajabf
I did read that post and thanks for the information, and I will definitely try to refer to your guidance once I decide to take on that project.

I searched online and there is a way to connect av to the head unit, that way I could use screen mirroring, this would solve most of my problems with the nav and the music.

I was also wondering if anyone knew if the cd player could play mp3 cds. Can't seem to find the info anywhere.

And if anyone knew where I can get a owners manual pdf version for the bentley 2005 T0 2007.

Thanks
My 2005 will NOT play MP3 discs.

Old 04-13-2019, 04:05 PM
Use mirror box or similar

I'll use a mirror box or similar connected with rca cables to the av inputs then I'll be able to mirror everything from my phone......

Old 04-13-2019, 04:13 PM
Some folks got it to run

Information is kind of there been reading through it, if you guys could take a look and provide feedback or ideas on where ND how to tackle this.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...2963413?page=3

Old 04-13-2019, 11:39 PM
No conversation needed

I belive the output on a mirror box or similar will be compatible there is no digital signal to start with and even if there was I could use a converter.

Here are the specs

1.Universal:Compatible with all Car Audio AV-IN (CVBS),and YUV input (optional)
2. Easy installation:Plug and playing, no need any software driver or APP.
3.Wireless user experience: No need any cable or adapter from phone to converter box.
4.Navigation-online, movies-watching, news-browsing, twitter, Google talking
☛Specfication:

Input:Car airplay/Miracast/mirror link gps system
System support:iOS 12/11/10,Android
Power inputC 12V
Application:Car DVD
Wi-Fi Standard:Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
A/V Output:Car Audio AUX/AV-IN(CVBS)/YUV(Optional)

Old 04-14-2019, 01:54 PM
Yes

Yes that's it, its illegal to handle a phone here also, but for me I'll set a navigation or YouTube or Playlist. and go. My phone forwards my calls directly when I am in the car to the car unit. So that's what I am looking to achieve.

Old 04-14-2019, 02:38 PM
Ofcourse I most definitely will try my best to document my progress. The feedback and recommendations from the forum is invaluable to me so please if anyone has recommendations or suggestions it would be of great help.

Old 04-15-2019, 05:25 AM
The second av input

I was reading up doing my research on the av inputs when I can across a post that stated that av 2 only supports audio. If that turns out to be true, I am looking at bluetooth devices that power from 12v and have audio out. The device has to serve one purpose only media steaming no phone. Any idea of such a device exists?

Old 04-15-2019, 06:39 AM
My aim is not going digital

I am not trying to go digital and my target is not to use my infotainment system for control. All I am trying to do is have access to the av1 for mirroring and av2 for music streaming from my phone. As for phone calls i am using the cars phone.

Old 04-15-2019, 06:48 AM
Thanks

Much appreciated

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Av inputs on bentley gt 2005