6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Bentley (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley-42/)
-   -   NAIM Radio Issues (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley/430711-naim-radio-issues.html)

Nader 04-19-2019 06:13 PM

NAIM Radio Issues

I have a 2010 Supersports that I love. Since I do like high quality sound, I sought after a car with the NAIM system and found a great car all around. When I took delivery of the car i was quite underwhelmed by the system sound and its acoustics. Frankly it sounds like crap compared to my Range Rover. I basically accepted that it wasn't that good and been dealing with it. Recently a buddy of mine picked up a 211 Supersports WITHOUT the NAIM system. I sat in it and tested the radio just for comparison sake. For whatever reason, his sounded 20 times better than mine. It was a complete sound and extremely impressive. Now I assume their should be much difference between an 2010 and a 2011 so there must be something wrong with my system. Maybe a fuse for an amp?

Any ideas? Is this someone encountered before?

Bentley45 04-19-2019 08:19 PM

I have the same issue with my 2010 Flying spur speed the Naim audio sounds terrible compared to my 06 Fying spur and my BMW!! I totally hate the sound of the newer naim audio compared to the old Bose sound 😏 So I'm waiting for some more Bentley owners to chime in. @BentleyF @Johnny Hotspur GT

sirrichi 04-20-2019 02:43 AM

I really love the sound of the NAIM in my 09 FS, but it took hours to find the correct settings in the NAIM menu, fiddle around with the loudness-button and then the additional 3 settings on the ♫ button.

Best way to find the settings that you enjoy: Put a super audio CD in the cd changer, and then try out while the engine is running and firest before you start, all setting on neutral/middle.

I got a BMW 750LI G12 with the B&W Soundsystem and the NAIM got more to feel, more natural and the bass is more defined, but as I wrote, you will spend hours to configure it...

Nader 04-20-2019 05:54 AM

Been fiddling with the settings for the last year and a half. Between the NAIM settings, tone control and loudness adjustments, I can get it to sound decent at best. But then I switch to another source and that sounds like crap with those setting. Funny you say bass. Mine puts out very little well except in the trunk itself. So frustrating and disappointing at the same time.

I still believe there has to be something wrong after hearing the standard radio and the fact that this was an 8000 option. Wtf.

sirrichi 04-20-2019 06:06 AM

Did you already check if all the boxes are working? Perhaps something is not connected are gone bad.
When I turn up the volume on music with bass, I can let the pant legs shake. That was not possible with the B&W System and also not that intense in the BMW M6 with the B&O System I had before.

Bentley45 04-20-2019 09:02 AM

I’m not sure what some of you all are feeling but the bass in the Naim in my 10 FSS is really weak compared to my 06 FS my 2016 S550 etc etc so idk got to check it again. I’m in my early 40’s maybe that’s why I need more bass LOL 😂

Nader 04-20-2019 09:32 AM

Boxes? You mean speakers? If so not sure how to check that. Does anyone know where the fuse(s) for the amp is? I’ll start there. Also if you can identify all the speaker locations that would help also.

Originally Posted by sirrichi (Post 4778106)
Did you already check if all the boxes are working? Perhaps something is not connected are gone bad.
When I turn up the volume on music with bass, I can let the pant legs shake. That was not possible with the B&W System and also not that intense in the BMW M6 with the B&O System I had before.

r11rs 04-20-2019 10:58 AM

Talk to Nick @ Musicar NW he will sort you out

Rico.Adams 04-20-2019 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Nader (Post 4778035)
I have a 2010 Supersports that I love. Since I do like high quality sound, I sought after a car with the NAIM system and found a great car all around. When I took delivery of the car i was quite underwhelmed by the system sound and its acoustics. Frankly it sounds like crap compared to my Range Rover. I basically accepted that it wasn't that good and been dealing with it. Recently a buddy of mine picked up a 211 Supersports WITHOUT the NAIM system. I sat in it and tested the radio just for comparison sake. For whatever reason, his sounded 20 times better than mine. It was a complete sound and extremely impressive. Now I assume their should be much difference between an 2010 and a 2011 so there must be something wrong with my system. Maybe a fuse for an amp?

Any ideas? Is this someone encountered before?

Hola, Johnny"s your man on the Naim system he may have an answer ...

Nader 04-22-2019 01:03 PM

So who is Johnny and how to I reach him?

Originally Posted by Rico.Adams (Post 4778165)
Hola, Johnny"s your man on the Naim system he may have an answer ...

Rico.Adams 04-22-2019 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Nader (Post 4778494)
So who is Johnny and how to I reach him?

Johnny Hotspur GT. that's his title on here, message him Im sure he will get back to you ...

AJ1 11-14-2019 03:21 PM

Ive just taken delivery of a 2015 V8S with Naim, My previous 2008 GT was standard and frankly wiped the floor with this Naim. The bass is "honkey" and without depth. I have the EQ tweaked to my ears, all other configurations are met and its still horrendous. Really disappointed with it.

TeamJones1962 11-14-2019 04:46 PM

Im starting to think that the NAIM systems are a mid bass design system. Not for songs that require some “thump” for it to sound right. I’ve never heard one but from the replies on here that’s what I gather. Kinda like the systems where the louder you turn it up the more the bass goes away.

AJ1 11-16-2019 01:17 AM

It was only an $11000 cost option, what do you expect :mad:

nguyennhatquang 11-16-2019 09:34 AM

I have both Flying Spur..
One have Naim.. and the other has Stock audio system..
to be honest.. the Naim audio system so sound like CRAP compare with the STOCK one.. I don't know it is because of my Naim Amp is blow out or not because I didn't buy the car new but it seem like almost No Bass.. the mid is ok.. treble is terrible...
the stock one sound much better except the Naim Badge.. it sound more natural and refinement...

PS : I play with all the setting same ****.. it sound better when we tweak but is nothing compare with the Stock one.. Which I don't know why it cost alot more ?