6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Bentley (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley-42/)
-   -   2013 continental gt head unit lag (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley/430886-2013-continental-gt-head-unit-lag.html)

therron4ou 04-25-2019 11:56 PM

2013 continental gt head unit lag

I traded in my 07 for a 13. The 13 head unit takes a long time to start up... to play music, reverse camera, etc??? Also is there a way to keep playing music while in reverse? Any helpful feedback is greatly appreciated

Monroe903 05-20-2019 03:40 AM

I've wondered the same thing about the music in reverse. I haven't seen the option in any of the menus.

Rico.Adams 05-20-2019 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by therron4ou (Post 4779219)
I traded in my 07 for a 13. The 13 head unit takes a long time to start up... to play music, reverse camera, etc??? Also is there a way to keep playing music while in reverse? Any helpful feedback is greatly appreciated

Hello Therron4ou, did you install a Bentley heat unit ? ...

Engine 05-20-2019 04:50 AM

In all honesty, it's just not the best UI ever and the lagg has always been a problem. It's something I never understood really.

Rico.Adams 05-20-2019 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Engine (Post 4782945)
In all honesty, it's just not the best UI ever and the lagg has always been a problem. It's something I never understood really.

Its time for upgrade move into the 21st century ... Lol, the software isn't that great & it lacks behind with all this new tech ...

Engine 05-20-2019 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Rico.Adams (Post 4782946)
Its time for upgrade move into the 21st century ... Lol, the software isn't that great & it lacks behind with all this new tech ...

Check if the software has been updated to the latest. They made a number of updates that improve the responsiveness. A half decent dealer would have performed this update free of charge during a routine service, but they are a mixed bag when it comes to actually doing the work.

Rico.Adams 05-20-2019 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Engine (Post 4782951)
Check if the software has been updated to the latest. They made a number of updates that improve the responsiveness. A half decent dealer would have performed this update free of charge during a routine service, but they are a mixed bag when it comes to actually doing the work.

Yah the dealers won't upgrade the Infotainment system, they want you to buy a total new system for 1000s, your best bet is to find an independent Bentley workshop who will do the upgrade, I have a guy here near me who dose all that for me "cheep" ...

Engine 05-20-2019 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Rico.Adams (Post 4782963)
Yah the dealers won't upgrade the Infotainment system, they want you to buy a total new system for 1000s, your best bet is to find an independent Bentley workshop who will do the upgrade, I have a guy here near me who dose all that for me "cheep" ...

Absolutely correct. The software updates are indeed available outside of the company, both for the front and rear infotainment. It's just about finding somewhere with the knowledge/skills. If they don't do it, they usually know someone who does.

Both systems should be upgraded if possible (rear isn't present in all cars).

Rico.Adams 05-20-2019 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Engine (Post 4782988)
Absolutely correct. The software updates are indeed available outside of the company, both for the front and rear infotainment. It's just about finding somewhere with the knowledge/skills. If they don't do it, they usually know someone who does.

Both systems should be upgraded if possible (rear isn't present in all cars).

Your in London, there's a place called Bentley Conversions in London try them they may able to help you if not they may know someone local ...

therron4ou 05-20-2019 05:53 PM

I took to Bentley service... they had no updates available. Does anybody have a clue as to where I could start digging to get the updates?

Rico.Adams 05-21-2019 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by therron4ou (Post 4783091)
I took to Bentley service... they had no updates available. Does anybody have a clue as to where I could start digging to get the updates?

What is it you are trying to achive and if you answer me re the head unit I may be able to steer you in the right direction ...

Engine 05-21-2019 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Rico.Adams (Post 4782991)
Your in London, there's a place called Bentley Conversions in London try them they may able to help you if not they may know someone local ...

To be fair, I'm lucky to have a number of contacts who can usually perform various updates...... although my guy who does the front head units is away at the moment, otherwise I'd post his details.

Rico.Adams 05-21-2019 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Engine (Post 4783152)
To be fair, I'm lucky to have a number of contacts who can usually perform various updates...... although my guy who does the front head units is away at the moment, otherwise I'd post his details.

Thats great, he may able to sort it out on his return ...

therron4ou 05-21-2019 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Engine (Post 4783152)

Its the lag in trying to fix. The lag at start up is unbelievable, which is across the board from 2012-2015 I believe. I know there is an update... just hard to get hands on it

Rico.Adams 05-21-2019 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by therron4ou (Post 4783227)
Its the lag in trying to fix. The lag at start up is unbelievable, which is across the board from 2012-2015 I believe. I know there is an update... just hard to get hands on it

I think its the same in all Bentleys the infotainment takes time to load up, unless you upgrade the head unit to an after market, then its instant ...