Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Deadlocked Doors, Can anyone help ? !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 08:05 AM
Yoghurtshotgun will become famous soon enough
I'm in Plymouth UK if anyone is local I buy beer wine food hookers charity donations anything that might be able to get me out of the mess I'm in thanks guys

Old 05-04-2019, 08:26 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Yoghurtshotgun
I'm in Plymouth UK if anyone is local I buy beer wine food hookers charity donations anything that might be able to get me out of the mess I'm in thanks guys
Wish I were there, I'd help you. All I would need is a Sunday Roast at Hawkmoor, 7 dials....LOL....No, seriously (as Eddie Izzard would say), I'd help, but too much land and ocean between us.

Old 05-04-2019, 09:59 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Give me a few, with clients, already took pictures, I just have to email them to myself and post one at a time to explain each, so please be patient....

Old 05-04-2019, 10:30 AM
Thankyou Johnny no rush I've got another car. ive left her in the garage with a sad look on her face.😂 Thankyou

Old 05-04-2019, 01:33 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Yoghurtshotgun
Thankyou Johnny no rush I've got another car. ive left her in the garage with a sad look on her face.😂 Thankyou
Some pictures, I have LHD...

Old 05-04-2019, 01:39 PM
Administrator
More pictures of drivers side LHD

Old 05-04-2019, 01:41 PM
Administrator
Pictures of Passenger side LHD.

Old 05-04-2019, 02:32 PM
Administrator
Video.

Old 05-04-2019, 03:33 PM
Thanks Johnny that's given me some reference I still can't understand why when I pull either of these cable wires outer handle or inner handle the lock should operate releasing but neither of mine are doing that.is there a scenario that you can see where the lock is closed and no pulling of cables opens it.im going to try and do a video of mine tomorrow and show you what's happening thanks for all your effort forums need more people like you thanks again

Old 05-04-2019, 03:34 PM
gordon9898 is a jewel in the roughgordon9898 is a jewel in the roughgordon9898 is a jewel in the roughgordon9898 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
That was really nice of you to do that. Hopefully he can sort it out asap

Old 05-04-2019, 03:52 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by Bentley45
The first thing I would do is disconnect both batteries in the truck & wait 10min and reconnect them back, see if the car will reset.
There may be something to this, Yoghurtshotgun did you try disconnecting both batteries and leaving them disconnected and then trying the inner handles, I believe you said a Bentley tech said the vehicle thinks it's at speed, so is some kind of electric circuit keeping the inner handles from working while the batteries are connected ??
Worth a try.. as you see the ones in my photos and video are sitting on the counter with no electric of any kind hooked up, and the inner handle unlocks the mechanism and opens the door latch..

Johnny J J

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 05-04-2019 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:02 AM
There may be something to this, Yoghurtshotgun did you try disconnecting both batteries and leaving them disconnected and then trying the inner handles, I believe you said a Bentley tech said the vehicle thinks it's at speed, so is some kind of electric circuit keeping the inner handles from working while the batteries are connected ??
Worth a try.. as you see the ones in my photos and video are sitting on the counter with no electric of any kind hooked up, and the inner handle unlocks the mechanism and opens the door latch..

Johnny J J
Yes mate I left both batteries disconnected over night I'm going to try and disconnect the passenger side door electrics the physically try and operate the lock some how.i think it's something to do with this bit of plastic the Bentley guy was on about encroaching on a.micro switch (not sure where ) but looking at the lock I don't see anything that will cause a complete deadlock as you say everything cycles with no power

Old 05-05-2019, 05:12 PM
Administrator
Okay, so I understand correctly, you disconnected the batteries over night and left them disconnected while trying to open the doors from inner handles ?
Instead of trying to reach the electrical connections on the lock mechanism, just be sure both batteries are disconnected, then if what we are thinking as to the micro switch should not come into play.

Old 05-06-2019, 03:53 AM
Okay, so I understand correctly, you disconnected the batteries over night and left them disconnected while trying to open the doors from inner handles ?
Instead of trying to reach the electrical connections on the lock mechanism, just be sure both batteries are disconnected, then if what we are thinking as to the micro switch should not come into play.
Hi John initially batteries were connected when the fault arose then due to the fact we had to remove seat to remove passenger door panel I thought it would be safer to disconnect batteries dues to air bags etc the door handles were both tried via the internal handle at this point to see if there was tension in the cables and also logic was that if all power was to fail on the car the failsafe would be to be able to open doors from inside.even with everything connected and the vag com diagnostic plugged in we can operate the central locking where the two locks lock and unlock.when you pull either door handle it registers on the machine as working.but when looking at driver's side mechanism it says it's open even when the car is locked and the reading fluctuates open shut open shut etc 🙈 .I'm going to see if I can get driver's door panel off and remove the connector from the mech and see if that's overusing the passenger side from operating .I've checked all fuses in the trunk and they are good but not looked at any under the steering column yet as I would need a 6month yoga course to get anywhere near them at the moment with seat in

Old 05-06-2019, 11:03 AM
Administrator
Just a thought here, I know you have a 04, but being your side always gets options before we on this side of the pond do, do you have soft close doors on your 04, as the door lock/latch assemblies I posted in pictures and video are non soft close from my 05 before I added the soft close from the 07 parts car shown in my rebuild thread, if you do have soft close, I will lock my doors with windows down, disconnect both batteries and test to see if they react in the same fashion as the non soft close shown in video.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Deadlocked Doors, Can anyone help ? !!