6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Bentley (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley-42/)
-   -   Deadlocked Doors, Can anyone help ? !! (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley/431046-deadlocked-doors-can-anyone-help.html)

Yoghurtshotgun 05-02-2019 12:49 PM

Deadlocked Doors, Can anyone help ? !!

I've just picked the car up from having it wrapped 2004 bcgt drove home lovely everything as it should .then engine management light came on I crawled home but power was there if I needed it and it drive normally ,got home engine management light went out but then I couldn't get out of either doors .it's like they had deadlocked .I tried everything on the key and even when either of the inner door handles are pulled nothing happens .I had to climb out of the window and let me tell you that's not easy.so now I have a beautiful cat that starts and drives but I can't enter or exit it unless I wanna be luke or bo Duke please can anyone help as it's meant to be in for a service tomorrow thanks guys

Yoghurtshotgun 05-02-2019 03:50 PM

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...1fe860d920.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...3fd28a3dff.jpg
ok so on further inspection is seems the wrap guy has left this connector off is this the battery regulator wire? I think it's blown the battery as it doesn't seem to charge anymore.i just hope it's not damaged anything else FFS

Bentley45 05-02-2019 05:33 PM

The first thing I would do is disconnect both batteries in the truck & wait 10min and reconnect them back, see if the car will reset.

1eapplebaum 05-02-2019 07:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mr. BWings just highlighted this in a recent sticky.

Failure to follow the battery disconnecting procedure can result in further exacerbation of the current problem. Hope the attachment helps.

Yoghurtshotgun 05-03-2019 01:12 AM

Yea thanks I did follow the procedure still find it unbelievable that you have to do it this way it. look like the battery is dead im sure leaving that wire unplugged has caused an overload in the battery and over charged it it was hot when I took it out

1eapplebaum 05-03-2019 06:17 AM

I just checked the owner's manual on wrapping a Bentley and it didn't say to disconnect any electronics 🤤 I hope the installer steps up to the plate and buys a new battery for the car.

Yoghurtshotgun 05-03-2019 07:04 AM

He removed all the lights etc so knowing how delicate these things are he powered it down and removed according to the procedure he just forgot to plug the plug back in that alternates the charge .luckily I've got a battery in the garage spare but it still doesn't solve the real problem of deadlocked doors the Bentley garage reckon he's out the door handles on wrong as many do apparently.ffs I hope he's insured

1eapplebaum 05-03-2019 07:12 AM

Very regrettable. Hopefully one of our electronic Wizards can help you out.

A thought, did a fuse go ? Might want to check this easy one out, could be rewarding.

Yoghurtshotgun 05-03-2019 09:15 AM

I'm not sure I need someone to tell me which one I'd be looking at any help will be greatfully received

Johnny Hotspur GT 05-03-2019 04:18 PM

6 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Yoghurtshotgun (Post 4780406)
I'm not sure I need someone to tell me which one I'd be looking at any help will be greatfully received

Hello Y,
I read through these and did not find any fuse linked just to the door locks, but there are quite a few for say front body control modules, or door CM's and so on, so print these pages out and check though the fuses in the 3 locations, I certainly hope these guys plugged all items back in before reinstalling door handles and so on....
Do tell us if they in-fact removed the inner door panels, exterior handles, door latch mechanism, ETC, how far did they strip it down for wrapping, someone else on here or elsewhere just had this where they had some work done inside the door and the worker forgot a few things, and also broke some things, so please give us as much info to help you.

Johnny J J

Yoghurtshotgun 05-03-2019 05:01 PM

Thankyou Johnny
It was just the door handles the guy removed it seemed a simple job inner and outer door card were removed and the screws holding handles .although both seemed very knotchy when I got it back.im more concerned about the fact that the plug I put a pic of wasn't connected then it caused the battery to go bad what possible damage has this caused (who knows) the guy I spoke to at bentley said when the doors dead locked they have to butcher the door cards and can get them open I'd be interested in how they would open the door after doing this.ive managed to pry the door card back enough for me to get access but the actual mechanism is covered by a plastic guard I'm sure it's gonna be a case of breaking away the guard and forcing it with a screwdriver to open has anyone any knowledge in what's behind the plastic guard

Johnny Hotspur GT 05-03-2019 05:19 PM

I have to ask, but have you used the physical key in the door lock on your drivers door, then try the inner or outer handle to open, as using the key requires no electrical process, if you put the key in and turn either way and have no resistance, that would leave me to believe to installer of said handle did something wrong as far as lock rod insertion, If you do feel resistance or hear the lock movement but still have no luck opening from inner or outer handles, that would mean that the installer forgot to hook up both cables at the inner and outer handles, or he broke them, as they are partly plastic...

Originally Posted by Yoghurtshotgun (Post 4780457)
Thankyou Johnny
It was just the door handles the guy removed it seemed a simple job inner and outer door card were removed and the screws holding handles .although both seemed very knotchy when I got it back.im more concerned about the fact that the plug I put a pic of wasn't connected then it caused the battery to go bad what possible damage has this caused (who knows) the guy I spoke to at bentley said when the doors dead locked they have to butcher the door cards and can get them open I'd be interested in how they would open the door after doing this.ive managed to pry the door card back enough for me to get access but the actual mechanism is covered by a plastic guard I'm sure it's gonna be a case of breaking away the guard and forcing it with a screwdriver to open has anyone any knowledge in what's behind the plastic guard

Yoghurtshotgun 05-04-2019 01:26 AM

Yes I've cycled all locks everything seems to be working cables etc. it's very odd and you would imagine almost impossible to happen with such an expensive car that the doors actually lock you in

Johnny Hotspur GT 05-04-2019 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Yoghurtshotgun (Post 4780531)
Yes I've cycled all locks everything seems to be working cables etc. it's very odd and you would imagine almost impossible to happen with such an expensive car that the doors actually lock you in

Please explain what you mean by "cycled all locks", there is only one lock cylinder to use a physical key in, and that is the driver's door only, I have all the parts that I will bring to work with me today to make a video if I have time to show you that what you are saying makes no sense, it has nothing to do with how expensive the vehicle is or was, it has to do with the people that you had work on it, there is no way at all if all cables and lock cylinder on the driver's door are hooked up correctly that it would not open, now on the passenger side door if the installer forgot to plug in the electric lock actuator and somehow put the latch mechanism into the locked position before replacing the door panel, then the door would be stuck closed, by fault of the installer, not the car, and if what I explained as far as passenger door is the case, meaning all cables for inner and outer door handles are correctly installed, then one would not destroy the door panel (card) to gain access, one would remove the plastic cover on the outer handle where a lock cylinder would be but is not, it a blank on the passenger side handle, so after removing plastic cover one would drill a hole through gently into the plastic area of the lock/latch mechanism, then use a flathead screwdriver to unlock the latch.

So back to the driver's door for a moment, PLEASE go back out to the vehicle and very carefully listen and feel and to the movement of the lock cylinder with the physical key in the cylinder and the feel of both inner and outer handles, because as I will show you later today hopefully, is that I with all the pieces of the drivers door lock/latch, handle, key, and lock cylinder on my desk with no electrical supply at all, and when all door handle cables and the lock cylinder with key are in place correctly there is no way for anyone to be locked out of the driver's side door.

Now if you are saying that when you hit the door lock switch inside the vehicle on either door that you can hear both left and right door locks activating, then I with 100% certainly am going with the installer fouled up the door latch release cables that go to the inner and outer handles.

When you picked up the car did the inner handles work at all, or did you not use/test them before driving away, you also said that they felt knotchy, was that just the outer driver's handle, that would make sense as to the installer not setting the wedge at the end of cable into the handle properly, and what you actually felt was it popping out when you pulled the handle to get into the vehicle.

Also please state your location so someone in your area may be available to help hands on.

Johnny J J

Yoghurtshotgun 05-04-2019 08:04 AM

Hi Johnny when I cycled the locks I mean press the manual open and close from the inside on both doors I have tried the key in the keyhole in driver's door.all work the mechanisms work the buttons work everything has tension on wires etc.when picking up the car the door handles worked fine as we got in and out numerous times the problem seems to be with the speed locking as I drove it and the doors deadlocked.speaking to Bentley the engineers has said the car when it pulls away locks the doors at a certain speed but as a handle isn't aligned properly he reckons it hits a piece of plastic stopping the microswitch from operating so the car still thinks it's moving and not releasing the door from deadlock he said he's had it a few times and they have to remove door panel with a little damage to then be able to release door latch so you can open doors ffs .I've just had a friend come with a vag com and we've gone through all of the data both doors inside are working as they should and registering accordingly the exterior door handles are registering properly as you pull them but the mechanism is showing locked.i have removed the door card on passenger side to the point where I can get the inner door card off and have access to all wires cables etc but there is a plastic cover over the main door latch so you know if it's possible to remove and if you do have some pictures of the lock mech that would be great thankyou