Notices
Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley GT-L.E.D Bulb Upgrade

Old 05-04-2019, 03:47 AM
Rico.Adams is on a distinguished road
Bentley GT-L.E.D Bulb Upgrade

Has anyone replaced all the bulbs to led's if so have you encountered any problems, Ive replaced all of the bulbs in and out of the car to led's and they all work fine except the ones in the headliner, but one, the drivers side map light works, Ive done all the tests I know of but can't figure out why the ones in the front and rear won't work, not even when the doors are opened or on the switch in the consol in the headliner, Ive replaced the original bulbs and they work, replaced the led's and nothing, except the rear courtesy light dose flash for a second when the doors are opened, any ideas ...

Old 05-04-2019, 06:05 AM
BWings will become famous soon enoughBWings will become famous soon enough
Hello Mr. Rico....hope you've been well.

I have replaced a number of the bulbs with LEDs (but not the ones you mentioned). I've used LED replacements that are canbus compatible. If you choose a bulb that is not, then you run the risk the body control module senses the wrong resistance and chooses not to turn them on when commanded.

I get my light from one source that has been good. It is Superbrightleds.com ( https://www.superbrightleds.com/ ). They are a pretty serious company for lighting and good CS. Check them for the bulbs you need and see if they have a canbus compatible option. They don't list Bentley, but I use Audi, appropriate MY, and the A8 option.

Old 05-04-2019, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by BWings View Post
Hello Mr. Rico....hope you've been well.

I have replaced a number of the bulbs with LEDs (but not the ones you mentioned). I've used LED replacements that are canbus compatible. If you choose a bulb that is not, then you run the risk the body control module senses the wrong resistance and chooses not to turn them on when commanded.

I get my light from one source that has been good. It is Superbrightleds.com ( https://www.superbrightleds.com/ ). They are a pretty serious company for lighting and good CS. Check them for the bulbs you need and see if they have a canbus compatible option. They don't list Bentley, but I use Audi, appropriate MY, and the A8 option.
Hello BWings, Not been to great but on the mend, thank you ...
great info I'll check them led's again and look up on the link ... cheers mate ...

Old 05-10-2019, 05:11 PM
Hi BWings...

Just an update on these led's got it sorted with these error free 5w, 39mm works great, thanks for the info ...

Last edited by Rico.Adams; 05-10-2019 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:14 PM
Glad it is sorted Rico....all the best

Old 05-10-2019, 05:31 PM
Gene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud of
Maybe someone how has replaced the bulbs with leds could list the bulbs and the led replacement. I replaced them in my Aston Martin and it is a really nice inexpensive upgrade.
Thanks in advance.

Old 05-10-2019, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Gene G View Post
Maybe someone how has replaced the bulbs with leds could list the bulbs and the led replacement. I replaced them in my Aston Martin and it is a really nice inexpensive upgrade.
Thanks in advance.
A little lost with your post Gene G, do you want me to list the part number or which bulbs I replaced ...

Old 05-10-2019, 06:00 PM
Hi Gene:

One of the challenges with listing LED replacements is in "taste". Take one common bulb that is used in almost any car on the road and in numerous places - the old # 194 bulb. Is is a glass 2 lead reversible bulb.

In LED replacements, on one site alone (my site superbrightleds.com) there are 33 choices for 194 bulbs. They can be chosen by color, brightness, size, shape, # of LEDS, LED direction, to name just a few. Here is an example of those 33.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/sear...ent-bulbs/194/

So, I might like a dimmer softer (yellower) look, someone else might like a neon like bright light that would wake the dead. So, in short, not a simple easy task.

Steve

Old 05-11-2019, 12:44 PM
Up & running ...