Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2005 Phone Update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 11:40 PM
Roman615 will become famous soon enough
2005 Phone Update

When I bought my 2005 GT, the car came with the privacy handset but not the actual phone. After a little research I found that the missing phone was a Nokia 6100 which I then ordered on eBay. I painted it black and put it in the car. This was not for the purpose of reverting back to 2005 cell phone technology, but just to make my car more “complete”. While it may not serve an actual purpose, it does look kind of cool, in my opinion. Another neat aspect is that when the phone is in the car there is a picture of a little car in the middle of the screen. In addition, I purchased an FM modulator for my Bluetooth needs for $15 and it has been flawless even on long trips. The sound quality is excellent. Just a tip for those that don’t want to spend $3000+ on Ben Hur. Thanks!

Last edited by Roman615; 05-28-2019 at 11:45 PM.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:14 AM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
British has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud of
I loved those phones. Battery would work for days, indestructible.

When I put the stereo in, I wanted to do the opposite from you, to remove those now useless cradles, but the armrests are so narrow there is nothing I could think of to put in there.

Your $15 modulator makes me wince at the money I paid to update everything. What is the sound quality like? My radio was unlistenable.

Old 05-29-2019, 11:57 AM
Roman615 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by British
I loved those phones. Battery would work for days, indestructible.

When I put the stereo in, I wanted to do the opposite from you, to remove those now useless cradles, but the armrests are so narrow there is nothing I could think of to put in there.

Your $15 modulator makes me wince at the money I paid to update everything. What is the sound quality like? My radio was unlistenable.
Sound quality is amazing! Sounds just like it was plugged in through an auxiliary or USB input. I never would have believed it if I didn’t hear it for myself.

Old 05-29-2019, 01:28 PM
Samhain is on a distinguished road
Yeah it's very good.