Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley gtc mirror indicator

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 03:30 PM
Yoghurtshotgun will become famous soon enough
Bentley gtc mirror indicator

Ok so I've just fitted a new indicator lens to the car and nothing happens ie no flashing or courtesy light but when I put a meter or a test lamp on the wires it indicates there is a voltage in time with the indicator flashing I reconnect the unit and nothing.does the car have to learn that there is a new lamp unit fitted or be plugged in to diagnostic?both old and new unit power up on the Ben h and the lights work.

Old 06-06-2019, 04:37 PM
Rico.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Yoghurtshotgun
Ok so I've just fitted a new indicator lens to the car and nothing happens ie no flashing or courtesy light but when I put a meter or a test lamp on the wires it indicates there is a voltage in time with the indicator flashing I reconnect the unit and nothing.does the car have to learn that there is a new lamp unit fitted or be plugged in to diagnostic?both old and new unit power up on the Ben h and the lights work.
Hello ... have you used the same lamps or upgraded them ...

Old 06-06-2019, 04:57 PM
Yoghurtshotgun will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Rico.Adams
Hello ... have you used the same lamps or upgraded them ...
Hi Rico I used the same type lamps it was an exact replacement from.flyin spares.i know it works as I've flashed it up on a battery but when I connect it it won't flash I was wondering if I need to run the car for a bit as.it normally tells me I've got a bulb to check maybe if I run it it will donuts check and start flashing? God knows these things are a pain in the **** sometimes.simple.jobs made stupidly hard

Old 06-07-2019, 01:02 AM
Rico.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Yoghurtshotgun
Hi Rico I used the same type lamps it was an exact replacement from.flyin spares.i know it works as I've flashed it up on a battery but when I connect it it won't flash I was wondering if I need to run the car for a bit as.it normally tells me I've got a bulb to check maybe if I run it it will donuts check and start flashing? God knows these things are a pain in the **** sometimes.simple.jobs made stupidly hard
Yah the reason I asked is when I replaced all the lamps on my car some didn't work due to to 2 things, 1. when I took the lamp out and replaced it it didn't work, but when I replaced it with the one I took off it still didn't work, as you I got confused, did a check with a 12v transformer and the lamps worked so I installed the original lamp and left it when I went back to the car the lamp came on. If you go on to Bentley GT- LED Upgrade its on Page 2 or 3, my friend Mr BWings point out its the control module delays the startup.when. Replaced them to LED and left it for an hour or 2 and they where fine, The ones I replaced in the over head roof liner those I had to use Cambus error free as no matter what I replaced it with they did not work, the ones I replaced in the door mirrors again I had to install error free, I replaced the door mirror lamp with these ...

Last edited by Rico.Adams; 06-07-2019 at 01:27 AM.