Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Changed both batteries now brake light is on and will not allow car to drive

Old 06-23-2019, 02:56 PM
Xa Zen is on a distinguished road
@1eapplebaum Thank you so much for attaching the battery installation guide for me. Once the fuses are changed I will follow these steps for sure!

Old 06-23-2019, 06:26 PM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
I hope you get your car up and running. Please be very careful installing the fuses and especially the bus bar. Should this last attempt result in the brakes being inoperative consider getting professional service. We are concerned because the bus bar fuse takes a lot to burn up, not a normal condition after battery change.

We will keep our fingers crossed for you.

Old 06-23-2019, 09:00 PM
@1eapplebaum I believe the bus bar was burnt before the change of the driver battery. Now I’m nervous hearing you say it’s hard to burn out. The car hasn’t been driven since October 2016. But a few weeks ago when I went to pick it up from the shop it started right up after sitting on a charger for hours. Suspension went up drove it on to the flat bed. Turned the car off, arrived at the next body shop ... jumped it for 3 mins while on the flat bed drove it down ... the suspension was fine but no power to the window no trunk power no radio no gas tank. Had body work done went back a week later picked the car up. Battery was dead jumped it car started suspension up car drove onto flat bed. Car arrives home tried to jump it with a weak charger car started with all lights on. Realized I should prob buy a new battery. Bought the new battery on driver side charged passenger battery, car starts everyday but suspension won’t go up and all lights are on and brake won’t release. Had all fuses checked and those two were the bad ones. I’m scared now that something may be majorly wrong since you say it’s hard to blow that specific one. Once those two fuses are changed and battery hooked up to the scanner
hopefully that’s it. I wonder what that fuse controls. One more day and I should get some answers. I don’t feel like anything is majorly wrong cause the car started right up and drove after 2 and a half years and after charging battery for 12 hours. I’m hopeful but if this doesn’t do the trick I’m prob in trouble. Does any one know what function that fuse controls?

Old 06-24-2019, 04:34 AM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Xa Zen
@1eapplebaum I believe the bus bar was burnt before the change of the driver battery. Now I’m nervous hearing you say it’s hard to burn out. The car hasn’t been driven since October 2016. But a few weeks ago when I went to pick it up from the shop it started right up after sitting on a charger for hours. Suspension went up drove it on to the flat bed. Turned the car off, arrived at the next body shop ... jumped it for 3 mins while on the flat bed drove it down ... the suspension was fine but no power to the window no trunk power no radio no gas tank. Had body work done went back a week later picked the car up. Battery was dead jumped it car started suspension up car drove onto flat bed. Car arrives home tried to jump it with a weak charger car started with all lights on. Realized I should prob buy a new battery. Bought the new battery on driver side charged passenger battery, car starts everyday but suspension won’t go up and all lights are on and brake won’t release. Had all fuses checked and those two were the bad ones. I’m scared now that something may be majorly wrong since you say it’s hard to blow that specific one. Once those two fuses are changed and battery hooked up to the scanner
hopefully that’s it. I wonder what that fuse controls. One more day and I should get some answers. I don’t feel like anything is majorly wrong cause the car started right up and drove after 2 and a half years and after charging battery for 12 hours. I’m hopeful but if this doesn’t do the trick I’m prob in trouble. Does any one know what function that fuse controls?
Thank you for telling us the history. Depending on how you jumped the battery a voltage surge can short circuits or at least over whelme them and a fuse or bus burns . Take a picture of the bus section of the battery connection showing which bus was replaced. Additionally a photograph of which fuses in the fuse panel that were replaced. Then someone can identify them for you.

Last edited by 1eapplebaum; 06-26-2019 at 07:40 AM.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:49 PM

Old 06-24-2019, 01:21 PM

These are the two I am replacing. The 80 I was able to buy from autozone but the other one comes in the mail tomorrow . I wonder what these are for

Old 06-24-2019, 01:40 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
The small one is C00906 and the big one is C00908. Check against this chart I found on an old post from Johnnny Hotspur GT post #15. He posted a layout of all the fuses and their functions. If this has already been posted I apologize.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...1&d=1543972457

Last edited by TeamJones1962; 06-24-2019 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:07 PM
@TeamJones1962 Thank you so much I’m going to look into what you sent but so far everything that’s wrong with the car seems like it what those fuses control. I’m feeling good about this but let me look further into it. Feeling a lot Better right now!

Old 06-25-2019, 07:11 PM
Ok so I replaced those two fuses and omg
-suspension works. 🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾
-windows all 4 power controls
-all seat controls and seats
-gas latch
-trunk
-headlights parking sensors
-wipers
- Heated seats
-a/c
Parking sensor is still on which won’t let the car move. But allows it to shift into Reverse Neutral Drive Sport. Radio doesn’t work. Does anyone know what fuse controls the radio because before the crappy jump the radio was fine. The whole screen doesn’t come on but it did a couple weeks ago before the weak jump. So it’s just the screen and the park release. I have not had anything reset yet so I’m hoping once the mechanic hooks up the vcds everything will reset release and that will be it. So those two fuses controls half the cars electric functions. I’m so grateful for this forum

Old 06-26-2019, 01:17 AM
joc44 will become famous soon enoughjoc44 will become famous soon enough

HI, Your audio amp is fuse C00762 and Infotainment display C00778

Last edited by joc44; 06-26-2019 at 01:21 AM.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:30 AM

Old 06-26-2019, 11:20 AM
@joc44 Thank you ... my guy is coming today to change those two fuses and hook it up to the vcds and clear whatever or reset and hopefully the parking brake should release and i’ll Be good to go. Wonder if the driver front tire being completely flat has anything to do with the parking brake not releasing.

Old 06-26-2019, 06:45 PM
By the way for the record the proper way to jump start a Bentley Continental GT is as follows.

Connect the jumper cables to the jumper battery first as per normal connection. With great care do not cross the free ends. First connect the red cable of the jumper cable to the right side positive terminal of the starter battery. Then connect the negative black cable to the negative side ground of the left hand side universal battery.

Things to avoid. Do not have the ignition key in the on position while connecting jumper. Should the jumper battery not make a good connection don't fiddle with it while is connected to the car. The best thing to do is leave it alone and get a qualified Bentley tech to jump the car.

There is a pyro disconnect on the starter battery and if it is discharged it will be a major headache, in particular expensive.

Old 06-27-2019, 12:15 AM

A bit like this

Old 06-27-2019, 04:33 AM
For the record my explanation is for jump-starting and the other kind explanation is for emergency charging for totally flat batteries. Essentially both procedures should be followed carefully.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Changed both batteries now brake light is on and will not allow car to drive