Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Changed both batteries now brake light is on and will not allow car to drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 01:14 PM
Xa Zen is on a distinguished road
Ok I will not deal with Bentley of Long Island. I guess i’ll Only buy from their parts department. Where should I buy brake pads from?

Old 07-02-2019, 01:18 PM
MBi
MBi is an unknown quantity at this point
I use flying Spares or Miller Motorcars and a few other official Bentley /VW dealers that sell parts on eBay. FC Kerbeck was good. Miller ships quick. I would cross shop then try to have them price match locally if possible.

Old 07-02-2019, 01:23 PM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Xa Zen
Wait I thought it was safe to change the tire now as long as it’s in jack mode. Should I deflate the new tire a little and put it on that way or am I back to not changing the tire at all? Only if I’m doing all 4?
If we are confident that it's in Jack mode or that there is no consequence if not go ahead and change the tire. Still advise doing all four.

Old 07-02-2019, 03:07 PM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
@Samhain

I will be changing the tire tomorrow. I know at this point it’s important to place the jack properly.
Another reason a vcds scan pulling the trouble codes for the P with a line through it,sometimes that code is for the ABS module as well. The P with a line through it represents more than just the parking brake. There is nothing more to do except wait for someone to do a scan and post the trouble codes.

Old 07-02-2019, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by MBi
I use flying Spares or Miller Motorcars and a few other official Bentley /VW dealers that sell parts on eBay. FC Kerbeck was good. Miller ships quick. I would cross shop then try to have them price match locally if possible.
Thank you for this recommendation. I will check it out!

Old 07-02-2019, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by 1eapplebaum
Another reason a vcds scan pulling the trouble codes for the P with a line through it,sometimes that code is for the ABS module as well. The P with a line through it represents more than just the parking brake. There is nothing more to do except wait for someone to do a scan and post the trouble codes.
Ok I understand in full now it’s not as simple as I thought. Tomorrow is a holiday so I’m aiming for Thursday. Any vids on how to change the module... just being nosey. I saw it taken apart on another thread here but didn’t see it in depth. Is the module located under the park switch near the gear shift? Just wondering or is that just the switch that gets changed through that access point

Old 07-02-2019, 05:22 PM
Ok I understand in full now it’s not as simple as I thought. Tomorrow is a holiday so I’m aiming for Thursday. Any vids on how to change the module... just being nosey. I saw it taken apart on another thread here but didn’t see it in depth. Is the module located under the park switch near the gear shift? Just wondering or is that just the switch that gets changed through that access point
Be patient we do not know what the problem is yet. Ask your mechanic to run a vcds scan and post the trouble codes. To educate yourself look online what DTC, digital trouble codes, means. These are the trouble codes I'm referring to. The scan your mechanic does should reveal these mysterious numbers. Then your loyal followers can chime in with their experience as to what the next step is.

Old 07-08-2019, 04:46 AM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Any updates??

Old 07-09-2019, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by TeamJones1962
Any updates??
Hey guys. I have someone coming over to take the tire off for me today. So tomorrow I will pick up the new tire and have it mounted and balanced. I was concerned about leaving it jacked up so I decided to put the spare tire on it after the flat one is removed. So right now there is not a ton of progress but I will have the new tire. Also today the mechanic may come and check out the park brake issue so I will keep everyone updated. Please don’t forget about me I will be checking in soon

Old 07-13-2019, 09:43 AM
Try stepping on the brake pedal while releasing the parking brake. Not stepping on the brake pedal the parking brake will not release. As noted there may be other issues but give it a whirl.

Hopefully the car is out and about.

Old 07-26-2019, 04:59 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
I’m guessing she got it rolling and is enjoying it big time!

Old 07-27-2019, 10:57 AM
Yoghurtshotgun will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by TeamJones1962
I’m guessing she got it rolling and is enjoying it big time!
Yea come on we want to know what happened to it 😂 it seemed like it was never gonna get going

Old 08-23-2019, 11:53 AM
Pics Mypics is an unknown quantity at this point
@Yoghurtshotgun @Samhain @1eapplebaum @joc44 @TeamJones1962 @W. M. Hellinger Hello guys!!! My car is at the shop now and the mechanic says he is not able to find out what the problem is. I took the advice previously given and contacted gianetti performance in my area so the car should be going there on Monday. Sorry to check back in so late but the shop that it’s at needed time because they were flooded with vehicles and they just cleared up space so I was able to bring it in the other day. I dnt feel great about where it’s at because they haven’t been able to identify “the problem”. Just wondering would the p with the slash through it have anything to do with bad brake pads? Prob not ... but I’m giving this shop until Monday and then I’m taking it to Gianetti. I was a little pissed because the shop called and said they haven’t been able to identify the problem but told me they would go ahead and do the brake pads and the oil change. Important but I dnt think that will fix the p with the slash through it. I follow gianetti performance on Instagram and they work on exotic cars. I spoke with the secretary and set up something for next week already. I’m so confused on why they can’t identify the problem. I couldn’t find my old password to log back in so I’m under another account but I’m still the same girl with the park brake problem 🤦🏾*♀️

Last edited by Pics Mypics; 08-23-2019 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:00 PM
MBi
MBi is an unknown quantity at this point
But what shop is it at now? Do they not have the proper scan tool for Bentley?

Old 08-23-2019, 12:11 PM
Pics Mypics is an unknown quantity at this point
I am assuming they don’t have the proper scanner but this is the same shop that reset the car with the scanner after I put the new battery in that’s why I’m confused! Once they reset it everything started working! But when he called yesterday he said he can’t figure out the issue

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Changed both batteries now brake light is on and will not allow car to drive