Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Update (two) on $7,000 stereo upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 07:10 PM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
British has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud of
Update (two) on $7,000 stereo upgrade

Bad news. Well, first the good news: the car has been driving great, no problems or hiccups, the stereo has been fantastic.

My installation consists of a Ben Hur aftermarket infotainment system. I bought it direct from the factory with no VAT for $2,100 (in the US with tax it is closer to $2,600). My installer is a good guy, I just told him to include his regular markup and I would supply the parts.

Anywhoo, a couple of weeks ago, my air conditioning completely quit while driving and after changing a setting on the Ben Hur. I stopped the car, restarted it and everything worked fine after.

A while later, I leave the car at the airport, everything working, then when I come back three days later, no power to the Ben Hur when I started it up. Radio is dead, all climate control stuff is dead, no power.

Hoping it was a fuse, I took it back to the installer, sure enough, one was blown, but changing it blew the fuse again. They took apart the Ben Hur and changed the fuse on that, it blew too. So the Ben Hur has developed a short, a major short inside and it's dead.

I had the installer order another one, he's going to charge me for labor to do this troubleshooting, which is fair, since I didn't buy the part from him, but my radio and infotainment are dead for at least a week or two.

The good news is that it died with the air conditioning in the same setting as when I turned the car off, so it is drivable in the summer heat.

I'm bummed that I spent all this money and it still isn't right. I hope to high heaven that it's not the car wiring that shorted the thing out, I can only imagine having $5,000 worth of junk Ben Hur equipment I fried.

Old 07-08-2019, 07:11 PM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
British has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud of
And I haven't figured out how to do the warranty exchange, but I'm sure that will come together.

Old 07-08-2019, 07:49 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Tony@navtv.com
Try to contact this guy and explain your situation. I had a few questions and he even sent me my invoice that I deleted out of my emails.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 07-08-2019 at 08:30 PM.