Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Need car suggestions--Along the lines of a Conti GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 11:16 AM
kraeburn will become famous soon enoughkraeburn will become famous soon enough
Need car suggestions--Along the lines of a Conti GT

Mom seems to be getting "tired" of her CL55 and is now on the prowl for possible replacements. She already has a Cayenne Turbo for everyday/winter duty so this car is, for all intents and purposes, a frivolity.

That said, the things she likes are horsepower, presence, "cool factor," and size. She went down to the dealer and it looks like the Conti GT will cost about the same in real terms to replace the CL55 so it would be a natural move.

However, I wanted to push her towards some more interesting choices. AND possibly save some money for my dad in the meantime.

What say 6speed?

I was thinking towards an Aston, but that might be too small (she thinks my dad's 997 is a go kart). Maybe one of those Maserati coupes?

Old 01-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Mercedes S65. No brainer.

Old 01-09-2007, 11:23 AM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kraeburn

That said, the things she likes are horsepower, presence, "cool factor," and size. She went down to the dealer and it looks like the Conti GT will cost about the same in real terms to replace the CL55 so it would be a natural move.
If she is looking for those things (in bold) the Conti GT is the way to go.

Old 01-09-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by Redlinerobert
Mercedes S65. No brainer.
She has had an S class, doesnt really need the four doors. If she was to do that, she would just get a CL63

Old 01-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by BBGT2
If she is looking for those things (in bold) the Conti GT is the way to go.
Thats what I was thinking.

I am also a bit uncomfortable with my family having a Bentley. Seems pretentious to me. But my mother and I are different in this sense. She could care less, haha.

Old 01-09-2007, 12:10 PM
Paldi is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, if a Bentley is too, uh Bentley, perhaps a nice W12 Phaeton?

Old 01-09-2007, 12:22 PM
FNR32 is a jewel in the roughFNR32 is a jewel in the roughFNR32 is a jewel in the rough
Seems as though the GT is the natural selection.

Old 01-09-2007, 01:36 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
GT . . . . . . . . . .

Old 01-09-2007, 02:52 PM
HdS
HdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud of
Aston Martin.

Old 01-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Chrysler 300...

J/K - Why not the new CL?

Old 01-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Ernie57 is on a distinguished road
I've only had my GT for a couple of weeks now, and I would say that it has all that your mom is looking for.

The only complaint I have about the GT is that the Nav system lacks detail. On the highest zoom setting it does not have enough detail to even show individaul street or highway names. Other than that it is one awesom car.

Ernie...

Old 01-09-2007, 06:22 PM
AzExoticLover will become famous soon enoughAzExoticLover will become famous soon enough
I am getting ready to list mine fo sale! It also comes with the Stock wheels if she doesnt want 22's. It was Ben Afflecks car before I purchased it...

2005 10,500 Miles
Silver Tempest, with Black Inteior
over 1 year warranty left

PM me your email address and I will email you some pics

Old 01-09-2007, 06:27 PM
Gabriel will become famous soon enough
Aston Martin DB9.

Old 01-10-2007, 01:41 AM
Banned
PINC is on a distinguished road
This might not be along the lines of the CGT but how about an R8??? It's new, flashy, fast and unique...if that's too exoticish then the CGT would probably be your best bet. The only other two comparisons I can think of is a DB9 and a 612 (but 100K more)....

Old 01-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Chrysler 300...

J/K - Why not the new CL?

Because she can get the CGT for less and it she likes it more. She loves her CL55, but it doesn't quite have the "wow" factor of the CGT. Until she started investigating, she didnt know that she could get a Bentley for Benz money.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need car suggestions--Along the lines of a Conti GT