Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

New owner questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 12:45 AM
Neilkf is on a distinguished road
New owner questions

Hi gang. I've had my 06 GT for a few weeks now and I love it, but I'm in full agreement with everyone else about the GPS - it's crap. But It seems to me however that many of the anomolies are software-based. The CDs that came with the car are labelled 2004. Are there any later versions available?
Also, the little red and blue rocker buttons below the centre dash vents are supposed to control the air temperature from only those two vents (according to the handbook). I'm not sure if mine actually do anything - they don't have a click or even a positive sort of action to them - How are they supposed to work, does anyone know? The salesman at my dealer didn't seem to know but muttered something about a motor and valve. I notice that they've disappeared completely from the new models.
cheers all

Old 08-16-2007, 01:41 PM
jgraham is on a distinguished road
Hi, on my 07 GTC mine are not rocker switches but pushbuttons with no click, middle one puts A/C on Auto other two temperature up and down.
I see you are from Kent, I am from Glasgow originally, was just in Chatham Kent for a family wedding in July.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:12 AM
Neilkf is on a distinguished road
Hey John, Chatham's my old stomping ground - just up the road.
I have the switches you mention - there's no problem with these, but on 06 and earlier models there's another switch above them which your car probably doesn't have. This has red and blue dots only - I can't work out what it does.
Neil

Old 08-18-2007, 12:31 PM
jgraham is on a distinguished road
Hi Neil, my brother and his family live in Chatham. Before moving to the states, I lived in Paignton in Devon.
Sorry can't answer your question on the switches, wonder why someone else is not answering?
John.