BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

BMW Unveils Bi-Turbo V8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 06:17 PM
///M Lifestyle has a spectacular aura about///M Lifestyle has a spectacular aura about
BMW Unveils Bi-Turbo V8

Code Name=N64

Old 12-29-2007, 06:23 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
whoa!!! The exhaust-side of the engine is on top? Damn! Talk about out-of-the-box thinking, I've never seen that before.

Old 12-29-2007, 07:42 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
That is so bad ***.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Paris_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

thats sick!!!!!!!!
what a place to put 2 turbos togheters!!!!!!!

Old 12-29-2007, 09:53 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
So what is this engine going into? What BMW model?

Old 12-29-2007, 10:01 PM
lax01 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
whoa!!! The exhaust-side of the engine is on top? Damn! Talk about out-of-the-box thinking, I've never seen that before.

I was looking at it and was like WTF...I'm going to show a little bit of ignorance but has this ever been done? I don't think I've ever seen the exhaust side of the head on the inside of a V8...?

Also, whats coming off the rear crankshaft? Dry sump?

FSI as well?

Last edited by lax01; 12-29-2007 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:02 PM
Eddie has a spectacular aura aboutEddie has a spectacular aura aboutEddie has a spectacular aura about
Now this is a totally unqualified guess, but seeing no M badge on the cover, is it safe to assume this would be in the new flagship 7 series... or x6?

Last edited by Eddie; 12-29-2007 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:03 PM
acs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond repute
SICK....this will be in the facelift M5 maybe?

Old 12-29-2007, 10:42 PM
BealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
So what is this engine going into? What BMW model?
I believe it will be an optional motor on the X6. I highly doubt we'll see a turbo motor in a car with an ///M badge quite yet; that being said the mention about it finding it's way into a 7 series would be interesting since they've been using the v12's as of late.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:08 AM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
I read somewhere that this motor is going to debut in the new X5 is model and eventually trickle down into the 5, 6 and 7-series, but cannot confirm if it is a rumor or true.

Originally Posted by lax01

FSI as well?
It's just the oil pump being driven off the back of the crank. No dry-sump.

Yeah, FSI, check out the injector location, inside the combustion chamber just below (or is that above now...??? lol) the spark plug.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:31 AM
Greyghost is on a distinguished road
It was inevitable wasn't it. I have heard rumor that this is for the X6 and the next gen M3.

Old 12-30-2007, 05:10 AM
IIVVX will become famous soon enoughIIVVX will become famous soon enough
glad to see they are producing more boosted motors. manufacturers have come to the realization that in order to produce the power necessary to compete in todays (and tomorrows) market you need turbos. that is fact. with the E63 AMG to be TT'd as well i would hope a version of this motor would find it's way into the next M5.

3 pedals + boost =

Old 12-30-2007, 12:12 PM
aus
aus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud of
It's been announced it's going into the X6 first, but you can be sure it'll find it's way into all the V8 models.

The next M-cars will be interesting to see if they go FI. I previous articles, they have been very against FI due to lag, which is pretty much non-existent in FI BMW's.

Old 12-30-2007, 02:03 PM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lax01
I was looking at it and was like WTF...I'm going to show a little bit of ignorance but has this ever been done? I don't think I've ever seen the exhaust side of the head on the inside of a V8...?

FSI as well?
Its been done a bunch of time on small block chevys but never in a production motor.

There are some really out there stuff going on in this motor. need to stare at it a bit more to really ask some intellegnet questions.

Old 12-30-2007, 02:19 PM
rs4fast is on a distinguished road
should be pretty easy to change the turbos, no?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BMW Unveils Bi-Turbo V8