BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

WTB: 1988 E24 M6 - Red w/ lotus white

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:26 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
WTB: 1988 E24 M6 - Red w/ lotus white

I am looking for a low mileage mint condition 1988 M6 in Cinnabar Red with Lotus White interior. Will only consider documented cars with service history and original paint. Prefer unmodified cars but tasteful suspension, brake and some engine stuff okay. No exterior mods. Original would be best as I would prefer to do all the mods myself.

Any leads on cars for sale (or maybe not officailly for sale) would be appreciated.

Thanks for any assistance you guys might be able to offer.

Last edited by LRDog; 08-22-2008 at 08:59 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:44 PM
epbrown01 is on a distinguished road
You want that color combo? You've got the op-art interior in the 928, don't you?

Old 08-23-2008, 04:11 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by epbrown01
You want that color combo? You've got the op-art interior in the 928, don't you?
Yep......,
what, you no like my taste in colors.......???

Since they only came in 3 colors (unless special ordered of course) I think red best shows off the lines of a great looking car.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:44 PM
kvsm3 is on a distinguished road
Old 08-24-2008, 08:59 PM
Thanks for your note. My comments after the links in your quote.

Originally Posted by kvsm3
http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/bmw-m6-cars284395300 - saw this one, too many miles.

http://www.roadfly.com/bmw/classifie...24&sortby=&dir= mileage on the high side, think I saw this one too somewhere other than on roadfly....

http://park-home.net/1988BMWM6.aspx This one looks like an interesting car. A lot of miles but maybe worth some further investigation? Thanks for taking the time to post these. Best, Chuck

Old 08-25-2008, 03:03 AM
Chuck,
not a problem. BTW, have you looked at www.bmwcca.org ?
I am sure if you posted what you need, the folks here will be able to find you one.

KRIS
BTW, nice collection of cars!

Old 08-25-2008, 03:33 AM
Chuck,
this one looks pretty good, even though it has some mods.

http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/bm...95663372ss.htm

KRIS

Old 08-25-2008, 06:46 AM
Chuck,
not a problem. BTW, have you looked at www.bmwcca.org ?
I am sure if you posted what you need, the folks here will be able to find you one.

KRIS
BTW, nice collection of cars!
Thanks Kris, I did post in the forum on the BMWCCA site and post a "wanted" ad.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:49 AM
Chuck,
this one looks pretty good, even though it has some mods.

http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/bm...95663372ss.htm

KRIS
I did see this one when the ad was on Roadyfly but it had already been sold. This is exactly the car I'm looking for..... Day late and ......

Old 08-25-2008, 10:48 AM
I did see an immaculate 25K mile one for nearly $40K but it had the gray interior.
Looked amazing though!

Old 08-25-2008, 11:05 AM
I did see an immaculate 25K mile one for nearly $40K but it had the gray interior.
Looked amazing though!
The black car in NY? It has the gray interior.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:13 AM
It was cinnabar red . I forgot where it was located. let me go find the link

Old 08-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Old 08-25-2008, 11:54 AM
JT3
JT3 will become famous soon enoughJT3 will become famous soon enough
Sounds like these cars don't come cheap.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:06 PM
Thanks Kris, I think this one has been sold also. I talked to these guys last week about another 88 they currently have (its the right color combo but right front fender, hood, roof and sunroof have all been painted and there's no explanation as to why - deal buster). I really appreciate all the info.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: WTB: 1988 E24 M6 - Red w/ lotus white