BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Video: Chipped DCT M3 vs. Chipped 335

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 05:30 AM
**335i** is on a distinguished road
well its always easier to mod turbo engine, i cant say that about atmospheric engine that m3 has here check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzWbFqJzYPw bye bye m3

Last edited by **335i**; 11-17-2008 at 05:37 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:29 AM
aus
aus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud of
I'd like to see that race, but the OP's in Anahiem Hills, which has been on FIRE lately and so he may be a little busy.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Banned
Down4it is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by **335i**
well its always easier to mod turbo engine, i cant say that about atmospheric engine that m3 has here check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzWbFqJzYPw bye bye m3
I agree that is it much harder to get power out of an N/A motor... I think i will rape on E92 M3's until someone comes out with a very expensive F/I kit for them... By then i should have my GT35R or upgraded twins and built motor. My ultimate goal with the 335 is to get it to be a 10 second car. The parts are not yet available on the market but when they are i'll have them. It will be much much cheaper to build a 10 second 335 than it will be to build an 11 second M3

Old 11-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Did the **** talker PM you Oren? Make sure you lay down the smack down!!

Old 11-17-2008, 01:28 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Jmoney
Did the **** talker PM you Oren? Make sure you lay down the smack down!!
No one has PMed me but like i said in the thread, im down to run any E92 M3, modded or not, for fun or for money.... I dont care who thinks whats better, i know my 335 is much more powerful than the new M3, if that hurts someones feelings im sorry but if anyone thinks they can smoke me in their E92 M3 lets try it out

Old 11-17-2008, 01:36 PM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Down4it
No one has PMed me but like i said in the thread, im down to run any E92 M3, modded or not, for fun or for money.... I dont care who thinks whats better, i know my 335 is much more powerful than the new M3, if that hurts someones feelings im sorry but if anyone thinks they can smoke me in their E92 M3 lets try it out
is your car making 400/410 on the dyno? if so what kind of dyno? and what mods do you have? is it dyno-tuned?

I was thinking about an M3 as a replacement for my STi, but the 335 seems to be making a lot of power with very few mods.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by empunker
is your car making 400/410 on the dyno? if so what kind of dyno? and what mods do you have? is it dyno-tuned?

I was thinking about an M3 as a replacement for my STi, but the 335 seems to be making a lot of power with very few mods.
A while back on my first 335 I made 389 WHP 434 WTQ with only an older tune (JB2HHR) with RD Sport Cat-back exhaust and RD Sport Front Intercooler and a Drop in BMC Airfilter on 96 octane. I made that power on a Dynojet 248 Dyno SAE Corrected. Down4IT has more mods then I did back then and an updated tune (JB3) from the same tuner and I'm quite sure he's making exactly what he says in his sig easily if not more. The highest power I've seen the E92 M3 is aroun 378whp and that was on a Dynapack which is known to read much higher then other dynos.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:40 PM
Banned

Yes it made 400whp/410wtq on a dynojet, smoothing 5, corrected STD at about 14-15psi. I am going to dyno again this saturday over in Irvine with even more boost... I have a BMS JB3 tune, Spearco FMIC, custom DP's, custom exhaust, SSK, and the BMS dual cone intake...

Old 11-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aus
I'd like to see that race, but the OP's in Anahiem Hills, which has been on FIRE lately and so he may be a little busy.
Exactly, thank you, it has been just a *little* hectic around here.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:36 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by CURI0
Exactly, thank you, it has been just a *little* hectic around here.
No big deal bro, like i said its all in good fun, i happen to love street racing whether its for fun or for money... When you get all that stuff sorted out hit me up maybe we can meet up and do some runs. Hope all is safe out there for you.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:30 PM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Jmoney
A while back on my first 335 I made 389 WHP 434 WTQ with only an older tune (JB2HHR) with RD Sport Cat-back exhaust and RD Sport Front Intercooler and a Drop in BMC Airfilter on 96 octane. I made that power on a Dynojet 248 Dyno SAE Corrected.
Originally Posted by Down4it
Yes it made 400whp/410wtq on a dynojet, smoothing 5, corrected STD at about 14-15psi. I have a BMS JB3 tune, Spearco FMIC, custom DP's, custom exhaust, SSK, and the BMS dual cone intake...

that's impressive. how is the reliability of the engine and turbo's affected?

Old 11-17-2008, 04:31 PM
youngbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant future
@OP
lol..a M3 is fast,but a modded 335i is damn quick and really fast...
just take a look at the torque curve...
now add a few units to the y coordinates and you`ll see a 380-400 hp car with huge torque throughout the whole rpm segments.
The key for the quickness of the 335i is the Biturbo Engine...the V8 simply needs high rpms to create the desired hp.
The 335i has the advance of creating high hp a lot earlier

Old 11-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by youngbimmer
@OP
lol..a M3 is fast,but a modded 335i is damn quick and really fast...
just take a look at the torque curve...
now add a few units to the y coordinates and you`ll see a 380-400 hp car with huge torque throughout the whole rpm segments.
The key for the quickness of the 335i is the Biturbo Engine...the V8 simply needs high rpms to create the desired hp.
The 335i has the advance of creating high hp a lot earlier
Calculate the torque at the axle for each and get back to me.

You don't understand the effect of gearing. That was a modded 335, it was not fast. You think modded M3's are slow? 335's are going to be comparing themselves to stock M3's, the M3 aftermarket is only going to get stronger.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:06 PM
that's impressive. how is the reliability of the engine and turbo's affected?
No affect that I could tell I put 50,000 Daily Driven miles on my first 335 with those mods. The only "issue" I had was I needed to replace the spark plugs at 45k which was covered under warranty.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by CURI0
Calculate the torque at the axle for each and get back to me.

You don't understand the effect of gearing. That was a modded 335, it was not fast. You think modded M3's are slow? 335's are going to be comparing themselves to stock M3's, the M3 aftermarket is only going to get stronger.
Gearing is not going to help the M3 against the 335, the M3 has 100lb ft of torque less than a decently modded 335... Im not going after stock M3's, you are incorrect and i am sorry to tell you that if you stuck an E92 M3 with all the bolt ons they make for it i will still put down more WHP and WTQ with less weight and beat it in a straight line... The M3 is a beautiful car no doubt but its not a fast car and it cannot be modded to add much HP to its already high revving N/A V8, the only way to get big power out of it will be F/I and good luck spending $30-40k on an M3 to beat a 335 Besides if you look at dragtimes, people are getting the 335 into the 11's when the M3 is sitting at mid 12's...

Last edited by Down4it; 11-17-2008 at 05:18 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video: Chipped DCT M3 vs. Chipped 335