BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

m3..smoother shifitng?

Old 04-19-2010, 09:25 PM
e92m3blk is on a distinguished road
Unhappy m3..smoother shifitng?

I got a e92 m3 6-speed ~15,000 miles, have been driving stick for a maybe 3 1/2 years...my previous car was an e46 m3 which was also 6-speed.

So lately i have been feeling like im destroying my clutch...reversing out of my garage i obviously have to ride the clutch alittle and i try to keep it under 1000rpm but when i push the clutch back in after reversing i hear a chatter type of sound i even smelt clutch once after backing out....1st to 2nd is up in the air i can get it smooth sometimes other times i get a bad jerk usually because the car isnt warmed up yet so i try to keep the revs under 3000rpm...2nd to 3rd is also similar sometimes smooth sometimes a jerk with sounds coming from the rear....i have recently heard about rev matching so i have been practicing and today going from 5th to 4th i smelt some bad clutch for atleast 8mins driving on the freeway i also tried 3rd to 2nd and spun the rear tired alittle got it perfect once...before rev matching i would try to downshift to slow the car down so 5th clutch in 4th clutch out no rev matching...

i might be getting even more paranoid but driving the car isnt fun anymore because it seems like im destroying it...on the freeway i tend to keep it in 5th and just slowly accelerate without downshifting also...now i dont no if thats wrong or right but im hoping some of you more experience drivers can help me out!

Old 04-21-2010, 01:39 PM
e92m3blk is on a distinguished road
anyone with suggestions? advise? would be much appreciated

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.