BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

for X5m and X6m owners! be Careful! Advise needed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 03:37 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
My Cayenne Turbo does the same thing...

Old 04-19-2010, 10:39 PM
jpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nice
My X5M does this too, especially when I am backing out of the garage... the squeal is very loud!!

Old 05-03-2010, 02:52 PM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Same here - in reverse only this time of the year.

Wait til she gets cold (minus degrees F), she squeals like a pig.

Have to bed the brakes again - several 70-10mph (not full stop) pre-ABS invoking stops in a row does the trick for awhile.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:41 PM
bavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to all
This issue is not only limited to the "M" models. I had my X6 35i X-Drive in for squeeling brakes at 5K, they replaced both the pads and rotors and it is a little better but still noticable at times, more so in colder temps. They told me after the break in period to brake a little more aggressively. They say if you do alot of coasting and gentle braking that the pads become polished and may be more prone to squeeling.

I smell BS, because I have owned many BMW's and none of the others had this issue. Seems to me its a mix of poor design and or materials.

Last edited by bavorak; 05-03-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:14 AM
Scott AEPi is a splendid one to beholdScott AEPi is a splendid one to beholdScott AEPi is a splendid one to beholdScott AEPi is a splendid one to beholdScott AEPi is a splendid one to beholdScott AEPi is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bavorak
This issue is not only limited to the "M" models. I had my X6 35i X-Drive in for squeeling brakes at 5K, they replaced both the pads and rotors and it is a little better but still noticable at times, more so in colder temps. They told me after the break in period to brake a little more aggressively. They say if you do alot of coasting and gentle braking that the pads become polished and may be more prone to squeeling.

I smell BS, because I have owned many BMW's and none of the others had this issue. Seems to me its a mix of poor design and or materials.
+1 all of the newer models have a degree of brake squeal. my 335i squealed like a pig nonstop