BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

|||Venom: E60 M5 Build Thread – The SHOP – MFEST – HH – STM – WPI – GTHAUS – DPE |||

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Onefastman is on a distinguished road
Exhaust Video is a must!

Old 01-19-2012, 05:46 PM
aznazasin is on a distinguished road
Sorry to keep everyone out of the loop...it' been so hectic lately with future plans, work, and trying to finalize this build....but without further adieu...

Painted the base of the mirrors gloss black

Shaved reflectors on the front bumper

Toyo T1Rs 255/30/21 & 295/25/21

Car is coming out the shop tomorrow....unfortunately, there isn't enough time to pick up the new wheels, mount the tires and install the coilovers tomorrow so we'll have to do the coils next Monday

Old 01-21-2012, 12:48 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
awesome , cant wait to see it completed

Old 01-22-2012, 10:53 AM
675Rider is on a distinguished road
can't wait to see the finish product!

Old 01-23-2012, 12:57 AM
Thanks for the support guys

1/21
Here are some official teaser pics...
DPE 21x9.5 & 21x11.5
More LIP than JJ Walker

btw, those spots are rain drops from this wknd's storm

a shot of my boy's white sedan on brushed DPEs as well :4ngie:

and a teaser pic of the body work

A photoshoot and video will soon be executed once the Meisterschaft exhaust and Apexi coilovers/alignment are installed this week along with the windshield tint by STM :excited:

Old 02-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Just figured I'd edit the previous comment as it was out of frustration.

So the car is complete....The thing is, the rear wheels sat about 8mm outside of the rear fenders. DPE built the wheels according to the measurements given by myself. Normally you can shave off 3-5mm from the hub and do a slight camber to make it clear; however, the hub is already maxed out and thin enough...DPE was more than willing to re-cut new centers (to save myself from downgrading the lip size by half an inch) IF the fault was theirs to bear.

After going through the calculations/conversions involved using my friend's 20" iForged wheel with 37mm spacers measured to the fender, the end result was spot on as far as the new wheel's offset goes. When we mounted the new DPEs on, somehow or someway, they stuck out 8mm further than the fender.

It's true I was quick to point my finger and blame them for not coming out to measure the wheel/fender personally, but something definitely came into play that affected the end results. DPE offered their services to replace the lip and charge me their cost, but knowing that the smaller lips were out of state, the cost for shipping wasn't worth it. I contacted a 3rd party wheel company that offered a faster turn around time to replace the outer lips so now I'm just hoping and waiting that they're the right replacements.

On a brighter side of things, here are several things I should mention about the build:
- Gave me a test fit wheel to pick up, however, the bolt pattern was incorrect so we couldn't use it
- DPE finished the wheels 3 weeks from the deposit date
- They covered the fee to rush-finish the centers to make the deadline
- Offered to replace the outer lip to a smaller size as long as I fronted the money, and the payment would be refunded when my 5" lips sold through their effort

Again, I know my first post came off as bashing them for not measuring the wheels/fender-work in person that would've resulted in the proper fitting, but there were other things that came into play outside of their control and knowledge.

Hopefully, if the replacement barrels are the exact shape/replacement, then I'll have full shots tomorrow.

Last edited by aznazasin; 02-02-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Sorry for the long wait everyone...Finally picked up the car on Friday...got the wheels reassembled with a 4.5" lip downsized from a 5" lip. Meisterschaft GT2 exhaust was installed Friday morning...no joke, sounds like a Ferrari :drool:

Here are some iPhone pics before a complete write up and photoshoot

Arrival of the Meisterchaft GT2 exhaust last monday. Excellent craftsmanship and the customer service was nothing short of extraordinary. The section 3 piece fit like a glove once installed :evil: couldn't wait to let it RIP!!!

Once installed...

Before and After pic:

Next to my boy's Panny

Pic from last night at The W with a few friends

MFest coilovers will be installed on Monday followed by an alignment and oil change...stay tuned

Old 02-07-2012, 08:45 AM
ky///m3 is on a distinguished road
sick

Old 02-10-2012, 02:58 PM
Spokes is on a distinguished road
great job, can you fit a wider rim in the front? will a 10 fit?

Old 02-10-2012, 03:06 PM
theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !
car looks great... but I have to ask why you bothered to sway a 325 to a 330 on an E46? sounds like a lot of work for almost nothing.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:25 AM
JRDM is on a distinguished road
Luvin the wheels

Old 02-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Quick update for everyone...got an invitation yesterday from Universal regarding a casting call for the FAST AND THE FURIOUS 6 film so I'm headed out to the studios tomorrow to meet with the producers about potentially using the car as a prop :excited:

The newest mod installed are the MFEST coilovers...still needs a final adjustment to lower the rear more...Definitely loving the ride quality...a lot better than expected and not bouncy at all

Gave it a quick wash today and busted out the tripod to get some nicer noob pics LOL...hope they'll suffice until the actual photoshoot is done

Rear shot to show the booty

Nice view of the Meisterschaft GT2 Exhaust :drool: by far the best sounding exhaust for the S85 engine IMO

side profile of the beast

and 1 last shot of the rear

Old 02-21-2012, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by ky///m3
sick
Thanks bro =)

Originally Posted by Spokes
great job, can you fit a wider rim in the front? will a 10 fit?
YEs, a 10" wheel would fit in the front but you'd have to make sure that offset is adjusted about 12mm to accommodate the 1/2" increase

Originally Posted by theblue
car looks great... but I have to ask why you bothered to sway a 325 to a 330 on an E46? sounds like a lot of work for almost nothing.
I over-revved the 325ci and bent a valve...the cost to replace the head was around $2.5K and the new engine plus installation ran about $3.5K plus the new engine only had 11K miles at the time...made a lot more sense.

Originally Posted by JRDM
Luvin the wheels
Glad you like em

Old 05-25-2012, 11:32 AM
5/24/12

Here are some mods I installed last night (RPi scoops, BMC air filters, block-off plates and charcoal filter delete)

Old 05-28-2012, 10:06 AM
supramn is on a distinguished road
Those wheels are amazing, Which DPE style are they?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: |||Venom: E60 M5 Build Thread – The SHOP – MFEST – HH – STM – WPI – GTHAUS – DPE |||