6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Boxster / Cayman (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/boxster-cayman-16/)
-   -   Why do people think the boxster is fake Porsche (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/boxster-cayman/23613-why-do-people-think-boxster-fake-porsche.html)

LIL RAJA 03-18-2005 07:11 PM

Why do people think the boxster is fake Porsche

i really like the car but a lot of people think it's fake.
I was even thinking of getting one. If I do get one i will get tags that says ITS FAKE -

who has the new 987

Fkim011 03-18-2005 09:13 PM

those are just people who don't understand the history of cars. IF they really invoked thought into their words, they would soon find out that the boxster is really the actual porsche who has the most heritage in the porsche lineage in terms of design and mechanical expansion.

Cayenne328 03-21-2005 06:55 PM

i thought it was the boxster and cayenne that's bringing in the money for porsche..

Why hate these cars when it's them that's saving the company?!

LIL RAJA 03-24-2005 03:58 PM

Originally posted by Cayenne328
i thought it was the boxster and cayenne that's bringing in the money for porsche..

Why hate these cars when it's them that's saving the company?!

i wish i knew.
they just suck..
raja

djantlive 03-24-2005 04:53 PM

Never thought of Boxter as a car that doesn't live up to Porsche standards. Sure, the earlier models were underpowered by Porsche standards but it's still a balanced car and the S addressed the need for more speed.

Many also say the 996 is not real Porsche since it's water cooled. shrug!

DEETZ 04-06-2005 10:26 AM

I like all Porsches, they have great name

Gayenne
Gayman
I still love Porsche...

StephenTi 04-09-2005 09:59 AM

Re: Why do people think the boxster is fake Porsche

Originally posted by LIL RAJA
i really like the car but a lot of people think it's fake.
I was even thinking of getting one. If I do get one i will get tags that says ITS FAKE -

Must be because they have small penises... small minded... small world... insecurities... small... small.. small.

Boxster is a sweet Porsche... the new one as well as the Cayman has really come into its own!

TestnDoc 04-09-2005 04:27 PM

One guy called a boxster a "porsche with panties". Clearly, he has never driven one.....:rolleyes:

LIL RAJA 04-09-2005 08:46 PM

i even had one guy say to me, why buy a Porsche SUV? why not get a real porsche? I just ignored his ignorant as$. These people know nothing about cars and talk way 2 much IMHO.

The same people also complain about my designer clothes. I simply told them, i do cuz i can. I don't need to explain anything to anyone to get approval of stamp.

I am really digging the new cayman as well.

Raja

Zippy 04-09-2005 09:09 PM

Originally posted by TestnDoc
One guy called a boxster a "porsche with panties". ...
There's nothing wrong with that my friend!

DJ_Demi 04-11-2005 08:08 PM

just too many boxster around

in Vancouver downtown, I can see around 10 boxsters a day~
well i like it~ my best friend has that too~ :)

but i think Porsche should make the entry level a bit higher~

:)

jwa 04-11-2005 09:39 PM

I think it's just that some porsche owners are to stuck up and think that it's for people that "can't afford a porsche". But I love the new boxter and if anything, it is one of the few "true" sports cars out there.

LIL RAJA 04-12-2005 01:18 AM

i am going to test drive one this week.
I can conclude for myself. I have owned s2000 and that was a great roadster. Hope this one has the similar feel and a little bit more torque.

Raja

Dave 04-12-2005 06:29 PM

Raj,
The boxster S is an awesome car. Go feel the balance. If you get one, find one with the M030 suspension and 18" wheels. You'll know the true feeling of sports car.

My87Targa 04-13-2005 04:07 PM

personally they do nothing for me, i just dont care for the style of them. thats just me though.