6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Boxster / Cayman (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/boxster-cayman-16/)
-   -   Detailed and Some New Mods (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/boxster-cayman/257477-detailed-some-new-mods.html)

charles06 10-13-2011 03:05 PM

Detailed and Some New Mods

5 Attachment(s)
Just wanted to post some updated pictures after a detail and some new additions. The shop that does all my work washed it for me so I figured now was the best time to share. I had the new silver hood crest put on...genuine Porsche part. Also, had them install the aluminum shift knob and e-brake handle, as well as paint the gate/letters black. The gate was already painted black, so we did the e-brake to match.

On to the pictures. Hope you like.

charles06 10-13-2011 03:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Interior pictures.

wingnut2u 10-13-2011 03:55 PM

Car looks great. Where do you get that hood crest?

charles06 10-13-2011 03:58 PM

I got it from the company that does all my work, Ultimate Auto in Orlando. My guy there got a couple from Suncoast for a Panamera they were working on for Ken Griffey, Jr., and then gave me the extra...no charge. It goes on with double-sided tape, not the normal posts.

SuncoastRyan 10-14-2011 07:12 AM

Nice looking car! Pretty neat story about the Panamera for Ken Griffey Jr. Thanks for sharing.

charles06 10-14-2011 07:48 AM

And thank you, Ryan, for some of the parts.

Fluid987 10-14-2011 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by charles06 (Post 3340194)
Just wanted to post some updated pictures after a detail and some new additions. The shop that does all my work washed it for me so I figured now was the best time to share. I had the new silver hood crest put on...genuine Porsche part. Also, had them install the aluminum shift knob and e-brake handle, as well as paint the gate/letters black. The gate was already painted black, so we did the e-brake to match.

On to the pictures. Hope you like.

where did you get the lower front lip ?
Car look fantastic BTW :)

charles06 10-14-2011 06:27 PM

Thank you.

And it's from TechArt.

Fluid987 10-15-2011 10:26 AM

charles06

Originally Posted by charles06 (Post 3341330)
Thank you.

And it's from TechArt.

And the TA sideskirts to match, Thats Tight!!! very tastefully done :D

ice350 10-15-2011 10:41 AM

I love the kit and stance. Not feeling the wheels much.
Nice work though.

charles06 10-15-2011 11:19 AM

The wheels are more for performance. They're lighter than stock, and I found them used right up the street from me. Plus, they're 18's so I didn't need new tires. I love the look, though. Not into baller looking wheels that weigh more than stock.

Porschepet, how's the windshield banner holding up? Still debating getting one.

Fluid987 10-15-2011 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by charles06 (Post 3341845)
The wheels are more for performance. They're lighter than stock, and I found them used right up the street from me. Plus, they're 18's so I didn't need new tires. I love the look, though. Not into baller looking wheels that weigh more than stock.

Porschepet, how's the windshield banner holding up? Still debating getting one.

Still looking great! I found if you keep some tire shine or armor all on it ,it stays looking new even with lots of wiper usage like we have here in the pnw.
For 40.00 I don't mind replacing it every 3 years :)

clee 10-17-2011 07:16 PM

Charles06,

does ultimate auto do their own painting in house? My TechArt lip spoiler has a crack in it and needs to be repainted. I think I've seen your car around town. its definitely one of the nicest caymans I've seen.

charles06 10-17-2011 07:56 PM

Clee,

Thanks for the compliment. And yes, Ultimate Auto does everything. They just moved into the old Macnamera (sp) dealership on the corner of 50 and Orange Blossom. They have some exclusive deal with BASF to use the paint that is used on Rolls Royce's. BASF even flew in Chip Foose to give the painters some advice. It's not mentioned in this thread, but they painted the whole front of my car. Came out great. I was there a few days ago, and they had a line-up of cars waiting for a total color change, including a Maybach.

When you go, ask for Imran or Patrick, and tell them that Charles sent you. They'll take care of you. And don't miss their first Cars & Coffee event on Nov. 5th. I'll be there with a MasterCraft and some Sea Doo's, as I work for Southeast Marine.

See you there!

Aston.Ca 10-17-2011 08:36 PM

Wow that is some low! You must not have Canadian roads where you live lol.