Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPC Racing: 596HP 987.2 Cayman Turbo w/ Methanol and NOS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 03:15 PM
Former Vendor
Harris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant future
TPC Racing: 596HP 987.2 Cayman Turbo w/ Methanol and NOS

About a year and a half ago, we had this 2009 PDK Cayman S come in for a TPC Racing Turbo Kit, our TPC Racing Stage 3 Plus Suspension Kit and our wide track kit - consisting of factory GT3 Cup lower control arms. The owner thought the car was fun and had a blast with it, but he wanted more power for top speed runs. We came up with the perfect solution: Methanol Injection, Nitrous and an additional transmission oil cooler for track use!

The owner of the car intends to do the Texas Mile and other top speed runs, so the wide track kit was very important. This makes the track of the car longer to add for more stability at high speeds.

This car features the TPC Racing Intercooled PDK Turbo Kit and the TPC Racing tune that each car gets with a turbo kit. When installing the methanol kit and the NOS, there were many upgrades that had to be done. The first was the plenum for the additional injectors that are controlling the methanol. Also with the plenum modifications, we extended it to the throttle body. We did this so that we could tap into the plenum closer to the throttle body for the nitrous.

After installing everything, we strapped the car down to the dyno. Right away, we could tell that the car loved the methanol as we made a pull at 470WHP. After getting the methanol setting complete, we then turned on the NOS. The NOS kit we are using is a 40HP shot which works great on this car. Once we made a pull with the nitrous, the car put down 503WHP on PUMP FUEL! After making that pull, we made a quick adjustment and made another pull. This time, we made 507WHP!

This is an incredible car that should be a blast when the owner takes it to the track. The car will be used for top speed runs and the owner has rented an airstrip to test the car at when it returns to him, so we are excited to see the results! Everything remains the same internally on both the engine and the PDK transmission, making everything a nice bolt-on package.

Methanol Tank

Additional Transmission Oil Cooler:

Plenum Modifications:

Dyno and car explanation by Michael Levitas:

Attached Images       
Old 03-25-2013, 06:50 PM
BiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud of
awesome job on this set up guys... is the owner on the forum?

also what meth system is that??

Old 03-25-2013, 06:59 PM
Former Vendor
Harris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant future
The owner is not on the forum, but we will definitely get updates when he receives his car.

The meth system is one that we designed at TPC with the different fittings, lines, reducers and tank as those are the most important things to keep from evaporation etc

Old 03-25-2013, 09:22 PM
B8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond repute
Yikes, nice and flat torque curve. Great job.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:20 PM
BiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud of
Harris, is the meth activated off boost?

Old 03-26-2013, 10:05 AM
Former Vendor
The methanol comes in on a load demand that is in the ECU tuning

Old 04-17-2013, 07:53 AM
Former Vendor
After having his car back for a week, the owner of this car has just emailed me one of the best testimonials I have gotten to date! Unfortunately, this client is not on the forums so I will post what was emailed to me.

"Victim # 1 a fully loaded Viper. He said that little car have anything. He pulled over and waved me off he had enough.looking at my break lights. Yes, b*tch this little car has it all. Let's see what I can eat next . Corvettes I will eat them for breakfast. Haven't even needed Noz yet. This is one monster. I think i'm going to eat a vet next. Just for a tune up. I can't fill up gas with out a challenge. I tell them I'm old and have a little mid engine car but i will be a good practice for them. A young man pulled up at the light and revved it up in his Honda. Half hour later when he made it to the next light behind me I said you want more he said no.No. I don;'t like to compete I like to f*cking win. U guys have created one hell of a machine. God I love smoking these boy with their pants down to their knees and underwear showing. I have concealed weapons.license I tell them you just got beat by your Grandfather b*tch pull up your pants."-TS

Old 05-24-2013, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by Harris@TPCRacing
After having his car back for a week, the owner of this car has just emailed me one of the best testimonials I have gotten to date! Unfortunately, this client is not on the forums so I will post what was emailed to me.

"Victim # 1 a fully loaded Viper. He said that little car have anything. He pulled over and waved me off he had enough.looking at my break lights. Yes, b*tch this little car has it all. Let's see what I can eat next . Corvettes I will eat them for breakfast. Haven't even needed Noz yet. This is one monster. I think i'm going to eat a vet next. Just for a tune up. I can't fill up gas with out a challenge. I tell them I'm old and have a little mid engine car but i will be a good practice for them. A young man pulled up at the light and revved it up in his Honda. Half hour later when he made it to the next light behind me I said you want more he said no.No. I don;'t like to compete I like to f*cking win. U guys have created one hell of a machine. God I love smoking these boy with their pants down to their knees and underwear showing. I have concealed weapons.license I tell them you just got beat by your Grandfather b*tch pull up your pants."-TS

lol

Old 05-28-2013, 01:54 PM
King James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond repute
What size of NITROUS shot is on the car ? Looks like a dry kit so are you cranking up fuel pressure via the FPR or did you build it into a separate map via IPW?

Can't remember the dry shot sizes but think it went as low as 35hp, on a turbo car due to the cooling effect it makes a lot more power. I ran nitrous on a lot of my old cars both turbo and non, have a place in my heart for spray.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by King James
What size of NITROUS shot is on the car ? Looks like a dry kit so are you cranking up fuel pressure via the FPR or did you build it into a separate map via IPW?

Can't remember the dry shot sizes but think it went as low as 35hp, on a turbo car due to the cooling effect it makes a lot more power. I ran nitrous on a lot of my old cars both turbo and non, have a place in my heart for spray.

in the video he states he is using supplemental injectors with the nitrous controlled by the unichip

Old 06-01-2013, 10:25 PM
kenny p is on a distinguished road
Hrmm, could I ask are there any ill effects of using 40hp shot of nitrous to a bone stock engine that is N/A?

Old 07-09-2013, 12:59 PM
figit is on a distinguished road
Fantastic work guys!

Old 07-10-2013, 06:38 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by figit
Fantastic work guys!
Thanks! This was an awesome build and we are in the works of doing something similar with another Gen2 car.