Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Island-best independent shop

Old 07-20-2017, 09:01 AM
longislander1 is on a distinguished road
Long Island-best independent shop

Looking for a good indie shop on Long Island near a train line or a village where I can hang out in a coffee shop or public library for a few hours while I wait. I'm told German Auto Repair in Amityville is good. Any other suggestions, especially in Nassau County? Thanks!

Old 07-20-2017, 09:33 AM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
hi

Walter & Al @ Long Island Automotive

Facebook Post

Address: 1249 E Jericho Turnpike, Huntington, NY 11743

they were the master mechanics for MB in the late 80s, worked with numerous exotic car places over the years and have built my 996 and a bunch of my other cars.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:49 PM
longislander1 is on a distinguished road
Many thanks, Lennon. I'll check them out. And the referral doesn't come soon enough. I just got back from the local dealer, where more than $1100 got me an oil change, state inspection, brake fluid flush and the resetting of some codes. They charged me $185 to do a test drive after the codes were reset and yet, when I got home I discovered the heated seat function still hadn't been restored. Plus, they ignored a requested minor adjustment to the front bumper cover. But, gee, they did wash the car and give me a bottle of water when I left . . . probably to distract me from the work that wasn't done. They apologized and I am bringing the car back Monday, but that will be the very last time I ever have work done at a Porsche dealer.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.