Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hawk Brake Pads '06 Cayman S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 11:29 AM
ExSports2000 is on a distinguished road
Hawk Brake Pads '06 Cayman S

Searched, talked to the mfg but wanted forum opinions. For the sake of keeping it simpler than a multi-vendor thread had a question on Hawk pads. I have non-ceramic stock rotors. I do not track the car but spirited street driving. Not that impressed with the stock Porsche pads even though there is plenty of pad left at 29k miles on the car. Looked at HB550 (F.634 or Z.634, etc) series in both standard composite and ceramic pads. The questions are 1) what have you used and for only street in that series if any? 2) Have you seen a decrease in dust and noise compared to other aftermarket performance street pads. 3) Any other comments like bedding procedure or just in general. Thanks.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:34 PM
JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ExSports2000
Searched, talked to the mfg but wanted forum opinions. For the sake of keeping it simpler than a multi-vendor thread had a question on Hawk pads. I have non-ceramic stock rotors. I do not track the car but spirited street driving. Not that impressed with the stock Porsche pads even though there is plenty of pad left at 29k miles on the car. Looked at HB550 (F.634 or Z.634, etc) series in both standard composite and ceramic pads. The questions are 1) what have you used and for only street in that series if any? 2) Have you seen a decrease in dust and noise compared to other aftermarket performance street pads. 3) Any other comments like bedding procedure or just in general. Thanks.

i have been using HAWK pads for years. several sets. they are terrific street or track. but, until they are worn a bit, say 25% they do talk. hence the name, hawk.
i would highly recommend any of the variants. quite a bit different and better than stock.

JB in NJ