Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

718 Boxster GTS Build Order is IN!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 07:51 AM
rdmustang is an unknown quantity at this point
718 Boxster GTS Build Order is IN!

I finally submitted my order for a 2019 718 Boxster GTS. Here is my build info:

Night Blue Metallic
Roadster Top in Black
Leather Interior in Black
Porsche Entry & Drive
Power Folding Exterior Mirrors
6-speed Manual Transmission
PASM Sport Suspension (Lowered 20 mm)
20" Carrera S Wheels
Automatically Dimming Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor
Steering Wheel in Leather
Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel
Deletion of Alcantara®
Sport Seats Plus (2-way)
Seat Heating
Seat Ventilation
Smoking Package
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
Seat Belts in Guards Red Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Interior Trim in Leather in Interior Color i.c.w. Leather Interior Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Porsche Crest on Headrests Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Steering Column Casing in Leather Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Door Sill Guards in Stainless Steel Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
BOSE® Surround Sound System
Apple CarPlay™

I have until early June to make changes. Any feedback on my configuration?

Old 05-10-2018, 07:30 AM
jg_atl is on a distinguished road
Very similar to my 981 GTS build. I did not do the folding mirrors or as much additional leather. I did delete the alcantara. The dealer sales rep’s sole contribution was the addition of the smoking package to get an additional power outlet. I got the 18 way power seats and have been very satisfied with them. I was hoping for more from the seat ventilation - my back and bottom still get pretty sweaty on a warm day with the top down. Also did not get the heated steering wheel - don’t really need it in the South. I did drive a 911 with the heated steering wheel in Europe last year, and it was kinda nice once I figured out that it was there.

Now the hard part - the waiting begins. I gave my order to the dealer in May 2015 and did not get a build date until July (after I threatened to cancel the order and buy a Z06). The actual build was in October and I got the car in mid November 2015. Enjoy the wait - it is worth it!!!!

Old 05-10-2018, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by jg_atl
Very similar to my 981 GTS build. I did not do the folding mirrors or as much additional leather. I did delete the alcantara. The dealer sales rep’s sole contribution was the addition of the smoking package to get an additional power outlet. I got the 18 way power seats and have been very satisfied with them. I was hoping for more from the seat ventilation - my back and bottom still get pretty sweaty on a warm day with the top down. Also did not get the heated steering wheel - don’t really need it in the South. I did drive a 911 with the heated steering wheel in Europe last year, and it was kinda nice once I figured out that it was there.

Now the hard part - the waiting begins. I gave my order to the dealer in May 2015 and did not get a build date until July (after I threatened to cancel the order and buy a Z06). The actual build was in October and I got the car in mid November 2015. Enjoy the wait - it is worth it!!!!
I don't smoke. The primary reason for the smoking package is for looks as well as an additional power outlet. The cigarette lighter is going in the trash as soon as I get the car. I'm still undecided on 18-way. I'll be the only person driving and I was able to get comfortable with the 2-way seats in the dealership. I've driven a few times with ventilation and agree it's not great but living in the South I think I'd feel bad not getting it as any help is better than nothing. I have to disagree with the heated steering wheel. Even though we only get ~10-20 days a year of freezing temperatures it is still well worth the little extra money to have warm hands when starting to drive. I only wish they also had ventilated steering wheels because they get hot in the summer

What's weird is I keep hearing about people who can't get allocations or build dates. All the dealers I spoke to had open allocations and said as soon as they enter it they will get a build date. I even had people claim I must be lying.

Old 05-11-2018, 05:48 AM
On the 18 way seats, one nice thing that they do is that they slide back when you power off the car and open the door to allow for easier ingress and egress. I also like the better lumbar support that they provide.

I hope your allocation experience is better than mine was. My dealer had to trade a 911 GTS build slot for my 981 GTS build slot. After 8 weeks with no progress from the dealer, I escalated to the GM to get the allocation. Let us know when you get your build date - hope it is not too far out!

Old 05-11-2018, 09:05 AM
Any opinions on the "Manual Gear Lever with Brushed Aluminum Trim" option? It's $0 but the pics in the configurator make it look unattractive.

Old 05-11-2018, 09:29 AM
Just looked at configurator. Yep $0 option, but I can’t see that it adds much. Maybe just leave well enough alone on that item.

Old 05-15-2018, 03:38 PM
Ok, based on some feedback and additional research I decided to go what I consider "all in." Here is my updated configuration:

Base Price 718 Boxster GTS
Night Blue Metallic
Roadster Top in Black
Leather Interior in Black
Premium Package Plus i.c.w. Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)
Porsche Entry & Drive
Automatically Dimming Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor
Light Design Package
2-Zone Automatic Climate Control
Seat Heating
Bi-Xenon™ Headlights in Black with Porsche Dynamic Light System Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Power Folding Exterior Mirrors
"PORSCHE" Logo in Satin Black
6-speed Manual Transmission
PASM Sport Suspension (Lowered 20 mm)
20" Carrera S Wheels
Lane Change Assist (LCA)
Steering Wheel in Leather
Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel
Deletion of Alcantara®
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package
Seat Ventilation
Smoking Package
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
Seat Belts in Guards Red Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Interior Trim in Leather in Interior Color i.c.w. Leather Interior Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Porsche Crest on Headrests Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Steering Column Casing in Leather Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Door Sill Guards in Stainless Steel Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
BOSE® Surround Sound System
Apple CarPlay™

Old 05-15-2018, 04:06 PM
Sweet build! Very similar to my GTS (except different colors). I think you will be glad you got the 18 way power seats. Since I like to spend other people’s money, the only other thing that I can think that might be really cool, is to do some deviated stitching on the leather in red to match the seat belts and contrast with the black interior and blue exterior. And the only thing that I wish I had done on my car was to do the wheels painted in satin platinum or black (since much of the exterior is blacked out). Also painted wheels will not show as much brake dust.

Now the waiting begins...... Let us know when you have a build date!

Last edited by jg_atl; 05-15-2018 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:20 PM
syswizard is an unknown quantity at this point
"Heated steering wheel" ?
You gotta be kidding me.

No PDK ?
I guess he doesn't want his wife or GF driving it....LOL !

I'm guessing the final retail price at or around $95,000 ?
Base is $82,000.

Last edited by syswizard; 05-15-2018 at 08:25 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by syswizard
"Heated steering wheel" ?
You gotta be kidding me.

No PDK ?
I guess he doesn't want his wife or GF driving it....LOL !

I'm guessing the final retail price at or around $95,000 ?
Base is $82,000.
Manual has been my #1 requirement since the beginning. I've been driving a manual for the past 14 years on my primary car and can't imagine driving a sports car without it. I tried PDK and it's marvelous but not the same experience. My wife has been driving stick longer than me but she never drives my car. Final price is $99,700.

Old 05-15-2018, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by jg_atl
Sweet build! Very similar to my GTS (except different colors). I think you will be glad you got the 18 way power seats. Since I like to spend other people’s money, the only other thing that I can think that might be really cool, is to do some deviated stitching on the leather in red to match the seat belts and contrast with the black interior and blue exterior. And the only thing that I wish I had done on my car was to do the wheels painted in satin platinum or black (since much of the exterior is blacked out). Also painted wheels will not show as much brake dust.

Now the waiting begins...... Let us know when you have a build date!
I really like deviated stitching but I don't think it would look good with the exterior color. I even asked a few dealers and they agreed. They said gray may look OK but I think I like it better solid. If I had a lighter color I would definitely get the deviated stitching.

Old 05-16-2018, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by rdmustang
I would definitely get the deviated stitching.
Sorry to be ignorant, but what exactly is deviated stitching and what does it look like ?
Any images ?

Old 05-16-2018, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by syswizard
Sorry to be ignorant, but what exactly is deviated stitching and what does it look like ?
Any images ?
No need to apologize. Deviated stitching is when they use a different color stitching to sew up the leather on the upholstery. You get to choose what color you want from a list of about 10 colors. If you don't pay for the upgrade then you get the same color as the leather. I am choosing black leather so my stitching will also be black. Here is an example: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=173127&stc=1&d=1332702 454

Old 05-18-2018, 07:27 AM
Got it.
Wow, that's looks pretty cool.

Old 06-10-2018, 06:34 PM
orclean1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Are you interested in selling your gts

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 718 Boxster GTS Build Order is IN!