Any Canadian Evo supercharged cars?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 12:59 AM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
WOW Pro V thats awesome!!! I'd love to get some first hand opinions!! i just want to hear about the kit, and where it was installed, i have done plenty of work on many cars, and have a few buds that a great at it too, so i was serious about installing the kit myself, however the tuning will be another story....

Jumper, i have installed a short shifter and linkage, it's not that tough, it just depends on your level of technical skills, the air box is really simple tho!

Old 12-01-2007, 02:50 PM
jungzilla is on a distinguished road
just saw this forum.
one day I'll try to make it out to chapters on a saturday.
supercharger is great. lots of power. I may be selling my car.

Old 12-02-2007, 02:46 PM
jumper5836 has a spectacular aura aboutjumper5836 has a spectacular aura about
I just finished installing the evo air intake.

It didn't come with instuctions, but I did look at the 997 instructions which helped me get an idea. Not much an idea though.

The hardest thing to do was get the maf wire disconnected, I ended up not being able to even get it off and just unscrewed it and left it connected to the wire.

Next problem was when I put in the air box in and it wasn't fitting properly. I realized that the thing the was blocking it from sitting in there properly needed to be relocated with a flimsy bracket.

I have no idea what the part actally even is and finnally after 15 min trying to get it to fit in while it was on the bracket decided to take it off the bracket and place it in and then installed the bracket, which then was able to get the part to connect into the bracket by having it come from the rear.

Next 15 min was spent trying to get the filter end into the maf tube which was hard to even get to it to fit in the first place being out of the trunk but when your also trying to get it to go into the rubber piece on the throttle body is damn hard and sometime pops out of the filter end.

I don't look forward to having to change the filter since I know I will have to disconnect all of it to get to do it.
Then I end up dropping a screw for the maf, can't find it. It gone somewhere never to be found. The reason why, was the maf didn't slide in very easily and I attempted to screw it in before forcing it in to it place.

So I find another bolt the was the same size but longer, I still hadn't figured out that I still need to force the maf all the way down and thought the pressure of screwing it in would do it. But no, it only ended up screwing up the thread on the maf tube.

So then when I am figuring out that the thread is screwed up, I try the 2nd screw that I have. I end up dropping that one which also didn't want to be found.
So I then start getting pissed and forced the maf all the way down by twisting it back and worth. Luckily the bolt I used to screw up the tread has a nut. So I was able to use them to attach the maf.

So now after everything is done. I start up the car and hear a sort of wine/vucumme cleaner sound. I then goes away after driving after a 30 sec to a min later. I get out onto the road and start given er.

The sounds it just amazing! It actually scared me. You hit 5000 rpm and it just starts screaming. When its screaming and you change gears and start excellerating, it just is scarry.

I don't know if it added more hp.

Though It does feel like it does when you hit 5000 rpm and the sound is crazy.

I am definatly not used to the sound. I know I like it but I am a bit scared that maybe it not supose to be that way.
So after 2 -3 hours of install it with all the issues I had. I am quite happy right now that it is in and that it sounds that amazing.

Last edited by jumper5836; 12-02-2007 at 04:30 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by jungzilla
just saw this forum.
one day I'll try to make it out to chapters on a saturday.
supercharger is great. lots of power. I may be selling my car.
We've change to a new winter location.
Here is the thread
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...d.php?t=391454

Old 12-02-2007, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by jumper5836
We've change to a new winter location.
Here is the thread
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...d.php?t=391454

thanks for the heads up.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:14 AM
DeAd-EyE is on a distinguished road
I am definatly not used to the sound. I know I like it but I am a bit scared that maybe it not supose to be that way.
Porsche's are supposed to sound like a column of advancing panzer's that are going to eat honda's for lunch...you need bypass pipes to go with that intake

Old 12-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
Porsche's are supposed to sound like a column of advancing panzer's that are going to eat honda's for lunch...you need bypass pipes to go with that intake

dont listen to him, he is just trying ot sell your his over stocked parts at cost price...

Old 12-03-2007, 10:03 AM
DeAd-EyE is on a distinguished road
^ actually..bypass pipes are LONG gone...as is just about all my porsche stuff......i do have a used "new beetle" on the lot for u zook if ur feelin nostalgic

Old 12-03-2007, 10:08 AM
Bypass pipes, would be to loud for me.

Zookie does your car at startup sound like a vacuum cleaner. When the smog/air pump runs now that it has been relocated it sounds horrible for the first min and sometime does it when stopped at lights.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Zookie does your car at startup sound like a vacuum cleaner. When the smog/air pump runs now that it has been relocated it sounds horrible for the first min and sometime does it when stopped at lights.
yes but it sounded the same before the EVO too... the Pump runs untill teh RPM Calsm down after a min or so... but its not annoying...

Stopped at lights is not your Pump, but your Fan thats on the Deck Lid... to keep the temp Down...

Old 12-03-2007, 07:29 PM
i tried the bypass pipes. they were too loud for me. they were on for one week.

the blower sounds really wicked though.

Old 12-09-2007, 04:20 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
Come by and we can do it...Not the linkage im too fn old to get under a car now

didn't mean to much by it. its just i have one sitting in my trunk needing to be installed.
though it is not alone, it has have a b&m short shifter and evo linkage for company.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:14 PM
pongobaz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kilrgt
Come by and we can do it...Not the linkage im too fn old to get under a car now
Paul,
I think you should host a tech session!...after all, you probably have the most experience with all the mods you had on the C2.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:01 PM
I am in for continuing education points. just kidding.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:38 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
No problem Guys you are all welcome and in fact we can do a sat Install day, I will supply the tools and the Place, Your all good guys and I would help any of you any time..I mean that

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any Canadian Evo supercharged cars?