6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Canada (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/canada-93/)
-   -   Alberta members check in! (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/canada/107869-alberta-members-check.html)

aln 01-31-2008 12:32 PM

calgary here. weather is finally clearing up! i can't wait till they clean the pebbles off the city streets

everyone in this tread drives such nice cars!

Zippy 02-02-2008 03:58 AM

I know of at least 1/2 a dozen local guys who lurk here frequently.
Don't know why they don't participate.
Guess they just like to watch. :eek:

Tuner1 03-17-2008 10:10 PM

Calgary checking in! Almost time to pull the cars out guys :p

Rob

Cody D 03-17-2008 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tuner1 (Post 1740895)

Rob

Kind of off topic, but your guys display at the auto show was one of my favourite parts.

REFLUX 03-18-2008 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Tuner1 (Post 1740895)
Rob

Really? You mean you can't drive these cars year round?
hilarious

Superfly 03-18-2008 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by REFLUX (Post 1741061)
Really? You mean you can't drive these cars year round?
hilarious

Hey Terry, I think I'll take my car out next week if there's not too much gravel on the streets. I picked up FOUR (@*!##!!) rock chips in my audi windshield this weekend! Just serves to remind me of the 1st one I got in my 996 last fall. Just enough to 'nick' the glass, so the glass shop said it's not even deep enough to fill. Of course being unable to 'repair' it, it's all I can see on my window!! :(.

Anyway, if it's nice out, we should do another 6spd gathering and go for a drive.

REFLUX 03-18-2008 11:55 AM

Pro:
Sounds good! We'll have to keep an eye on the weather :)

Zippy 03-18-2008 02:31 PM

I will be driving my car back from EVO in Tempe on April 14th. Hope it snows until then!hilarious

Followed a guy into the Manulife parkade today in a new silver 997. He had on a GT3 wing (I think). I was so jelous - in my Suburban :(

Superfly 03-18-2008 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Zippy (Post 1741978)
Followed a guy into the Manulife parkade today in a new silver 997. He had on a GT3 wing (I think).

I know that guy!! I called him to see if he wants to join us in a group drive sometime. (voice mailed him actually) :rolleyes:

Tuner1 03-18-2008 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Cody D (Post 1740984)
Kind of off topic, but your guys display at the auto show was one of my favourite parts.

Thanks for noticing :cool: Did the Enzo catch your eye or did you like the less obvious cars?

BTW, cool 964.....I own one too ;)

Rob

PorscheLVR 03-18-2008 06:45 PM

Had the 997 out 2 weeks ago when we had the really nice weather here in Calgary and loved ever second of it. Really looking forward to a couple good days of rain and some street cleaning.

Anyone planning a drive in Calgary? I'd love to meet some local enthusiasts since the new car arrived.

Cody D 03-18-2008 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Tuner1 (Post 1742005)
Thanks for noticing :cool: Did the Enzo catch your eye or did you like the less obvious cars?

BTW, cool 964.....I own one too ;)

Rob

Well the Enzo was definately the first thing I saw, it's hard to miss :D. But the 996 was what I spent the most time looking at, wondering how heavy and expensive those rims would be.

Thanks for the compliment, I was pretty tempted to go to the Porsche dealership today and see if they still had the red 996 TT, I've been thinking if I sell my 911 and my NSX I could try to get one of those. I didn't go because I doubt they would have given me the time of day.

Tuner1 03-18-2008 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cody D (Post 1742699)
Well the Enzo was definately the first thing I saw, it's hard to miss :D. But the 996 was what I spent the most time looking at, wondering how heavy and expensive those rims would be.

Thanks for the compliment, I was pretty tempted to go to the Porsche dealership today and see if they still had the red 996 TT, I've been thinking if I sell my 911 and my NSX I could try to get one of those. I didn't go because I doubt they would have given me the time of day.

The Enzo actually drew too much attention to our booth so I won't bring it to another show. Glad you liked the 996TT. FYI, the wheels are 19" HRE Comp 21s and are very light for their size. I have never sold a set of a 964 but I sure would like to ;)

Early 996TTs are amazing value for their performance but from one 964 owner to another I'd tell you to keep the pair you have. Swing by the shop sometime and check out Bobby's CTSC'd NSX...it will keep you interested in the V6 VTEC power!

Rob

Zippy 03-19-2008 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Cody D (Post 1742699)

A friend of mine, Barry, is selling a Red 996TT Tip here in Edmonton if you're interested. There is an add up on the
board in Eurasia. Forget the price, but remember it to be very competitive.

Mike

Cody D 03-19-2008 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Zippy (Post 1743890)
A friend of mine, Barry, is selling a Red 996TT Tip here in Edmonton if you're interested. There is an add up on the
board in Eurasia. Forget the price, but remember it to be very competitive.

Mike

I'd need to get rid of my 964 and NSX first before I even started looking, and I hate the hassle of selling cars so I doubt it's going to happen any time soon. That's why I just wanted to trade in my cars at the dealership, but in my experience they offer nothing for trade ins.