Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.
View Poll Results: Meteor CS with Turbo II Wheels. Paint Calipers Yellow or Red?
Yellow
45.45%
Red
54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Painting Brake Calipers - Red or Yellow

Old 07-11-2010, 04:19 AM
03LX470 is on a distinguished road
Painting Brake Calipers - Red or Yellow

Have the meteor grey 2001 CS with Turbo II wheels.

I'm getting the brake calipers painted at the dealership (just to be on the safe side and avoid any warranty issues later, best to do this at the dealership).

As for the PORSCHE writing, they only have black stickers, so whether I get Red or Yellow paint on the calipers, the writing will only be in black

My first choice was Red. However, the black writing on red calipers may look disgusting. So I'm leaning more towards yellow. Also for my exterior color, the yellow may look more sporty. I have the turbo ii wheels.

Looking for comments & opinions (poll)

Thanks!

Attached Images  

Last edited by 03LX470; 07-11-2010 at 04:50 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:11 AM
GJK
GJK is on a distinguished road
Yellow would be a good accent to grey IMO.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:29 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Personally I don't like ekther color on a CS simply because Porsche uses each one of those colors to signify something. Red comes on Turbos and similar editions, yellow is for their ceramic brakes.

If you want a sporty custom look I would figure out another unique color. Even a Meteor grey caliper to perfectly match your paint would look sweet. Maybe a firey orange?

Old 07-11-2010, 08:10 AM
RobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of light
funny,
I am also the paint master. I usually ask the same question, but it has been a while since I got a new car. I would paint the brakes yellow with black letters. If you want to be more conservative, red with white letters.

Yellow would look great and that is what I would do. I had my brakes on the ferrari painted yellow (to match the shields on the fender vs. the OEM yellow). Looks great

on my porsche (yellow exterior) I had the brakes painted red with white letters

good luck, you really can not go wrong with either. red or yellow BUT I would not get crazy with the color of the letters. I would only consider black or white regarding the letters. Just my opinion

Old 07-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Infamous 997 has a spectacular aura aboutInfamous 997 has a spectacular aura aboutInfamous 997 has a spectacular aura about
Use the orange pearl from the lambos. It actually looks damn good against the grey colors. Tomorrow I will check on my other computer for the pics of a dark grey ls400 with pearl orange brakes.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:44 PM
dubai_m5 is an unknown quantity at this point
i am also painting my brake calipers when my car will be delivered i will go for yellow how much will they cost you have any idea ,, and yea go ahead with yellow

Old 07-11-2010, 04:52 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
You can get any color "PORSCHE" script for your calipers on eBay...... It is simply a high temp decal that goes on after paint and b/f clear coat. You're not stuck with black...... Go red with white letters or it will look like you're trying to be something it's not IMO of course. Yellow looks like you wanted ceramic brakes but couldn't afford the real thing and any color other than red is not for Porsches IMO of course.... Should cost you less than $500 to have them painted.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Infamous 997 has a spectacular aura aboutInfamous 997 has a spectacular aura aboutInfamous 997 has a spectacular aura about
You could use the vinyl negative as a stencil to paint on the logos. Thats what I normally do when I paint the brakes on my cars..

Old 07-14-2010, 03:56 AM
03LX470 is on a distinguished road
The Cayenne is at the dealer for the last couple of days for the caliper color (I didnt decide the color).

I was limited as to the color I can choose due to the dealer. I dont want anyone else touching my car for if something goes wrong with the brakes or suspension in the future the dealer can blame it on the 3rd party. I live in a place where car dealerships are monopolies so if I have a problem with the dealer it's not like I can drive 20 miles to another dealership. Hence, better safe than sorry.

The Lamborghihi orange was a good idea but again the dealer can only do Porsche colors: yellow or red.

I left the decision to him. I told him if he can red with white writing - go ahead & do it. If thats not possible, then yellow with black writing will be fine.

I am surprised that the poll now stands at 50/50; I expected perhaps 90% in favor of red. I will find out today or tomorrow which color they went ahead with. Either way I'm sure it will be a nice surprise

Old 07-23-2010, 04:39 PM
luv2flypilot is on a distinguished road
What Are They Charging? $$$

I am looking at purchasing a a Black 2008 Cayenne S that has black wheels and was trying to see some options to have red brake calipers installed or the current ones painted or powder coated. I did not realize the Porsche dealership would paint the existing ones and think that would be a much better option that buying new ones. I also would not want to void the Porsche warranty. By chance can you give me an estimated price they are charging to have yours done? I will also call my local dealerships and see if they can do this for me.

Regards,

Old 07-23-2010, 09:59 PM
Cayennez1 is on a distinguished road
Yellow stands out as not many out there... but personally a lil conventional type so red for me with white writing ; ) post pics once you get the cayenne back with the paint work.. Hw much they charging you at porsche??

Old 07-26-2010, 06:48 PM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
I've always been a fan of yellow on just about any color car. Here's a shot of mine.

Attached Images  
Old 09-23-2010, 01:55 PM
silver1331 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by luv2flypilot
I am looking at purchasing a a Black 2008 Cayenne S that has black wheels and was trying to see some options to have red brake calipers installed or the current ones painted or powder coated. I did not realize the Porsche dealership would paint the existing ones and think that would be a much better option that buying new ones. I also would not want to void the Porsche warranty. By chance can you give me an estimated price they are charging to have yours done? I will also call my local dealerships and see if they can do this for me.

Regards,
+1, what does a porsche dealer charge for a caliper repaint? thx

Old 09-23-2010, 03:06 PM
madburg is on a distinguished road
First, go to suncoast they have OEM caliper stickers in three color options. Order the color you want, give them to the dealer to apply, problem solved.

Agree with Cole's comments.

Would love to see the orange pearl labo caliper pictures (Infamous 997)

Old 10-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Mark Ducati will become famous soon enoughMark Ducati will become famous soon enough
I was thinking of Guard's Red or Speedster Blue for my calipers and rear 911 badge...

Lambo Orange? Now you got me thinking...

Orange with black letters on my all black 997.2 (car/wheels/tint) would look sweet! But, perhaps kind of pumpkin (black/orange)? Now... Lambo Green "Ithaca Verde"... that'd be sharp on black!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Painting Brake Calipers - Red or Yellow