Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Thinking about getting a Clear Bra

Old 07-18-2009, 11:40 AM
dano_S is on a distinguished road
Thinking about getting a Clear Bra

My car is getting a few dings fixed in the front this next week, and I'm thinking of getting a clear bra....anyone have any good/bad experiences with them? my car is charcoal, so scratches show up pretty easily.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:18 PM
porscheaudifam is on a distinguished road
I have one on my CTT and Land Rover; wanted one on the Carrera but we bought it used and when you cover up many little marks it shows up under the bra.
Overall I am extremely happy. On LR there are a few marks in the bra where a rock hit; it would have been a mess if it hit the paint.
Do It!

Old 07-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Do you have any idea what an average install price is?

Old 07-18-2009, 12:41 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
If you want it done right, go to Premier. They wrapped my 997TT and CTT-S. Their workmanship is unmatched and their prices are fair.

Premier Link

They opened a SoCal shop recently.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:21 PM
lydboj is on a distinguished road
Won't a good waxing of the car look much better than a clear bra?

Old 07-18-2009, 02:34 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lydboj
Won't a good waxing of the car look much better than a clear bra?
Properly done, the clear bra is almost invisible.

Old 07-18-2009, 05:47 PM
acasshmoney is on a distinguished road
i had a clear bra done and it was almost invisble but i advise you to get a paint correction done first... let me no if u wud like me to do one =)

Old 07-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Dano_S
Unexperienced installers will make the the clear bra unclear - it is pretty much invisible when done correctly.
What color is your cayenne?

Old 07-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Polar993 has a spectacular aura aboutPolar993 has a spectacular aura about
I also recommend Premier. They just installed the clear bra on my '09 GTS two weeks ago.....came out great. Their prices are fair, but certainly not cheap. They charged $795 for just the front bumper of my GTS. It was a custom install, not a pre-cut application.

I highly recommend a custom install if you don't want to see the seams.

I also recommend that you don't do only a portion of a panel or the hood because the seam down the middle looks horrible! Either do the entire panel or don't do it at all. I chose not to do the hood because of the height of the hood on the Cayenne....it's fairly high off the ground and not as susceptable to stone chips.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by sparkhill
If you want it done right, go to Premier. They wrapped my 997TT and CTT-S. Their workmanship is unmatched and their prices are fair.

Premier Link

They opened a SoCal shop recently.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:01 PM
its Basalt black... I figured it would be between 500 - 1k, and after touch up, i really want to keep it pretty

Old 07-18-2009, 11:33 PM
I have it on my black (not basalt) and I love it - I have it on bumper, partial hood, door handle holes, below gas cap, mirrors and the headlight done in the thick material.

Old 07-19-2009, 03:09 PM
111GTS is on a distinguished road
Did it on mine and in my opinion, every P owner should get one and protect their investment. Had the entire front end of my car wrapped in clear bra, including full hood, fenders, full front bumper, headlamps, foglamps and the side mirrors.

Old 07-19-2009, 03:54 PM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
can any one post picks of their stealth installs? and any recommendations in the LA area?

also if it is so important and unnoticeable why wouldn't one just wrap the whole car? how long does the wrap last for?

Last edited by LosAngeles; 07-19-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by LosAngeles
can any one post picks of their stealth installs? and any recommendations in the LA area?

also if it is so important and unnoticeable why wouldn't one just wrap the whole car? how long does the wrap last for?
See my link above and don't waste your time/money going to anyone other than Premier. The only reason not to wrap the entire car is cost. My 997TT is wrapped everywhere except over the engine. My CTTS is wrapped everywhere from the doors forward.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:06 PM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
Best thing you could do. Had a 3M clear bra installed on both Cayenne's...no more worrying about chips while on the highway.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting a Clear Bra