Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Thinking about getting a Clear Bra

Old 07-20-2009, 04:57 AM
ONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud of
guys forgive me if im missing something here, but the cost for a good install seems to be upwards of $700 to protect the paint/finnish

but a good respray would not cost anything near that?
is it not better to get the front bumper painted when and if it gets damaged?

after all a clear bra will not stop dents or stone damage, just light scratches small gravel etc.

just my thoughts?

Old 07-20-2009, 05:47 PM
acasshmoney is on a distinguished road
alot of things can be fixed with either getting it recleared or a paint correction as well if u decide to go that route let me no anytime i can refer u to a good place but if u do decide to get a clear bra i recomend getting a full paint correction first so u dont have swirls under neath ur clear bra that are off from the ones that are not covered let me know if you need any help with that just PM me

Old 07-20-2009, 07:25 PM
hby123 is on a distinguished road
any good shop in the new york area?

Old 07-21-2009, 02:04 AM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hby123
any good shop in the new york area?
Detailing Dynamics

Old 07-21-2009, 04:12 AM
DUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud of
What's a good shop in Atlanta?

Old 07-22-2009, 03:03 PM
hulahula is on a distinguished road
Anyone have experience with a spray on clear bra? I’ve seen Armor Coat and Chip Magic Shield. They promise the same protection as 3M but, since it is a spray, it doesn’t have the hard edges of a plastic film.

http://www.armorcoatusa.com/
http://www.chipmagic.biz/clear_bra.html

I went with traditional 3M and was never really happy with the results. The edges tend to collect dirt.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hulahula
Anyone have experience with a spray on clear bra? I’ve seen Armor Coat and Chip Magic Shield. They promise the same protection as 3M but, since it is a spray, it doesn’t have the hard edges of a plastic film.

http://www.armorcoatusa.com/
http://www.chipmagic.biz/clear_bra.html

I went with traditional 3M and was never really happy with the results. The edges tend to collect dirt.
We have seen this in person and so far it is pretty far from perfect. First of all, the spray on coatings are permanent, which means the only way you can remove it is by stripping it and the OEM paint on the car. Whereas, standard paint protection film (aka clear bras) are removable. If you cover the entire panel, then there are no seams to deal with on the half way hood or fenders.

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 08-10-2009, 10:38 AM
TransSiberia is on a distinguished road
New Transyberia with entire and I mean entire front end. Hood, window pillars, bumper, and leading edge to the light bar of the roof. If you think the hood won't get chipped think again. Poster is right about entire panels. Also it is so clear that most can not tell it is on. Richmond VA group did it and it is amazing. Also did the entire rear up to lights.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:20 PM
coco0045 will become famous soon enough
Any place in near or around Phoenix that install clear bra?

Old 04-27-2011, 02:31 PM
mteddylee is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TT
Best thing you could do. Had a 3M clear bra installed on both Cayenne's...no more worrying about chips while on the highway.
Did you wrap the whole car? or just the front?

if just the front is there a clear line where the separation is? how much does it cost?

Old 04-28-2011, 10:58 AM
microboby can only hope to improve
Full Hood , fenders and mirrors is over $1,000
Half hood (will be noticeable) , mirrors will be around $800 to $900

Mine was a full hood done in San Diego by a sponsor shop , quality is perfect and you will even forget its there.

Old 03-06-2015, 02:01 AM
swervin is on a distinguished road
I am wondering how it held up too and if the Premier company uses Xpel Ultimate now or what they choose as I see Vancouver ClearBra http://blog.vancouverclearbra.com/po...ver-clear-bra/ across the border in Canada has allot of Porsches on their page and uses Xpel Ultimate and 3M Pro.

Can Premier please advise or anyone tell the difference, give advice, or post some pictures please?

Originally Posted by mteddylee
Did you wrap the whole car? or just the front?

if just the front is there a clear line where the separation is? how much does it cost?