Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

My Sealgray CS needs new paint. Inputs pls.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 01:31 PM
OldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really nice
My Sealgray CS needs new paint. Inputs pls.

(First of all - sorry for poor english. Doing my best.)

Hi all,

A few days ago my sealgray 05 CS got keyed by some idiot. Not to bad, but still.
A guy that i know who does carpainting for living said he would take care of it for me. (Of course he would, the insurancecompany will pay him for the job).

Now to my questions:

I do like the sealgray color really, but would prefer as darkgray as possible if i could choose. So my idea is to let the guy paint the exterior in a darker gray color than the sealgray. (It is the darkest graycolor the Cayenne fr 08 comes in, that i have in mind).
What do you think: Will it look ok to just paint the exterior in this color and still keep the doorsides, inside of the hood, engineroom and so on in sealgray?

Since i have a guy painting my car - i´m thinking - what else can i have painted while we are at it?
Of course i will let him paint the lower part that today is black (as you can see from my attached picture).

Is there anyone that have painted "the crome around and between the windows" (don´t know the english word for this) either black or in the color of the car? If so, pictures please.

Last, and probably a stupid question , If a carpainter removes the "Cayenne S" from the rear, can i really count on that it will come back on the exact right spot after painting?
If so, how do they do that to be perfectly on the spot?
Does anyone have a picture of the rear of a gray C without the badge? (perhaps i should go that way?)

Thanks
Peter

Attached Images  

Last edited by OldstockS; 08-15-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:57 PM
OldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really nice
What i´m trying to say really is: Does anyone have a gray C with all the crome painted in the color of the car (or the crome between and around the windows painted black?
If so - i would appriciate pictures of what it looks like.

(It´s not that easy to explain in a foreign language...)

Peter

Last edited by OldstockS; 08-15-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:05 PM
paulycw is on a distinguished road
I would consider painting the front grills the body color.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:14 AM
Anyone else?

Old 08-17-2009, 08:25 AM
GoodSpeed is on a distinguished road
Hi Peter
Sorry to hear that someone scratched your car :-(
Also sorry that I completely forgot to call you some time ago.
I will do another try...