Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cool things you may not have known about your Cayenne...

Old 01-02-2010, 08:48 AM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
Godd thread guys' I've got one:

You can adjust the seat and steering wheel, so when you open the door they both move into a position to allow easier access in. Once key is inserted, they move back to your chosen position (memory).

Old 01-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Porsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SuperleggeraGT3
There is a bit of a lag in my cayenne turbo off the line so I turn off the PSM button and it would let me select to 1st gear to get a better acceleration off the line. Happy Holiday Guys!
by pressing the accelerator all the way down and then pushing beyond its stop, this initiates the kickdown which will drop it into first, also good for engine braking while approaching a corner. You will feel it go beyond its stop just a little bit, like pressing a button.

Last edited by Porsche917; 01-02-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Porsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to behold
Some of the early Cayennes...'03-04 came with a first aid kit that wasnt meant for the North American market.... it was later removed.

Also the turbos have ridges on the front lid where the non turbos do not.
early cayennes had liners on the front lid, it was later made without.

There are buttons on new cayennes on the B-Pillar area close to the floor beside the seat for turning off the inclination sensor and interior monitoring.

Last edited by Porsche917; 01-02-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:00 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SuperleggeraGT3
There is a bit of a lag in my cayenne turbo off the line so I turn off the PSM button and it would let me select to 1st gear to get a better acceleration off the line. Happy Holiday Guys!

JUST DONT get heavy on the brakes with the PCM off. If you have ever done this you will note that the pedal REALLY firms up when the PCM is off.

And that's a feature I can deal without.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:28 PM
eVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant future
While sitting at the lights today I played with holding the PCM off for 10secs in a variety of combination of Sport, 1st gear, etc...no hidden Launch-Mode. Dang!

Old 01-04-2010, 04:28 AM
acasshmoney is on a distinguished road
anyone know how to get to the hidden menu in the navigation system? ive seen people do it on bmw forums just wondering if its possible with the cayenne navi

Old 01-04-2010, 05:28 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Vyper340
It's on models going back to 2005 also (maybe even the alpha beta's in 2004).
my 04' manuf date 06/04 has the 2-12v passenger outlets, must be a alpha beta..

Old 01-04-2010, 06:46 PM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by eVoMotion
While sitting at the lights today I played with holding the PCM off for 10secs in a variety of combination of Sport, 1st gear, etc...no hidden Launch-Mode. Dang!
i tried this the first day i got the car. no luck

Old 01-05-2010, 05:48 PM
pct2005 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by huskyfan23
Hold the "Auto" button to switch to "Mono" mode. Now driver/passenger temperatures will both change when you change the temp.

OMG thank god for this one, I can finally adjust my driver / passenger sides seperately now instead of both having the same temps, no more *****ing from the passenger !!!

Old 01-05-2010, 07:53 PM
zmw
zmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by pct2005
OMG thank god for this one, I can finally adjust my driver / passenger sides seperately now instead of both having the same temps, no more *****ing from the passenger !!!
if it's in mono mode and your passenger touches their temp button it switches to dual mode, so you should have always been able to do this - many just do not know how to change it back so the temps adjust at the same time.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Polar993 has a spectacular aura aboutPolar993 has a spectacular aura about
Is there a way to independently adjust the Fan Speed between the driver's and passenger's side of the Cayenne. Independent temp control is possible, but I can't seem to figure out how to have independent fan control.

Originally Posted by pct2005

Old 01-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Polar993 has a spectacular aura aboutPolar993 has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

It took me 3 months to figure out that the rear window opened!!! LOL!

Originally Posted by KIKO09
There is a switch under the rear hatch wiper mount to open the rear glass.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Pepper will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Polar993
Is there a way to independently adjust the Fan Speed between the driver's and passenger's side of the Cayenne. Independent temp control is possible, but I can't seem to figure out how to have independent fan control.
Absolutely, turn the auto button off, light should be off and fan control will be independent of each other. As a footnote, you can control the rear passengers temperatures and fan this way too if so equipped.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:43 AM
DaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really nice
If you press and hold main (on PCM) then push trip you will activate the firmware version screen.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:02 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by huskyfan23
Hold the "Auto" button to switch to "Mono" mode. Now driver/passenger temperatures will both change when you change the temp.

I love this one! Thanks!

I've got one. If you drive your CTT a whole bunch you can get the plastic coolant lines in the intake manifold to burst and watch coolant fly out of your exhaust. This hidden feature is useful if you want to suddenly blanket the tailgater behind you with coolant and water! Awesome.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Cool things you may not have known about your Cayenne...