6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Cayenne 955/957 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-13/)
-   -   Yet another coolant question/leak (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/cayenne-955-957/199756-yet-another-coolant-question-leak.html)

cayenned 01-26-2010 07:30 AM

Yet another coolant question/leak

I just dropped off my 04 S at the dealer due to a coolant leak. So, my question is, besides the coolant pipes, is there any other reason it could leak?

Also, im still under extended warranty, is this normally covered?

Thanks

PS: Im at 62 K miles;)

mike pezely 01-26-2010 01:27 PM

yes, the plastic coolant overflow/reservoir tank may have a crack. but at 62k miles don't be surprised if it is the coolant pipes. good luck and let us know, mike

NeilM 01-26-2010 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by cayenned (Post 2702530)
I just dropped off my 04 S at the dealer due to a coolant leak. So, my question is, besides the coolant pipes, is there any other reason it could leak?

Also, im still under extended warranty, is this normally covered?

Thanks

PS: Im at 62 K miles;)

Did you get a CEL? How did you know you had a leak? Was there a big puddle under the car? Pls keep us posted. I'm waiting to replace my coolant pipes as well.

cayenned 01-27-2010 05:19 AM

I was on vacation for two weeks, when I came back the "low coolant" message appeared on the display. I had to pour a little over 2 quarts of coolant into the reservoir. Drove 10 min to the office to test it out. Got out and it was dripping from the drivers side near the wheel well/front bumper.

Im hoping it will be the coolant pipes covered under the extended warranty, that way ill avoid a future problem/cost in the future. Im under warranty till oct 31.

cayenned 01-27-2010 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by NeilM (Post 2703784)
Did you get a CEL? How did you know you had a leak? Was there a big puddle under the car? Pls keep us posted. I'm waiting to replace my coolant pipes as well.

There was no puddle because it probably dried up and/or went through the pavers in my driveway the two weeks I was out.

cayenned 01-27-2010 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by mike pezely (Post 2702982)
yes, the plastic coolant overflow/reservoir tank may have a crack. but at 62k miles don't be surprised if it is the coolant pipes. good luck and let us know, mike

Im thinking its probably the coolant pipes more than the reservoir tank, as I believe the tank is on the passenger side near the windshield (at least thats were the pour spout is)

Im waiting to hear back from the dealer, will keep you guys posted

cayenned 01-27-2010 11:05 AM

UPDATE: Dealer just called to say that the coolant pump broke and is covered under warranty.

However, they say coolant leaked onto a belt that is not under warranty and that I would have to pay the cost of the belt but not the labor.:mad: I didn't even ask how much the belt was and told the service advisor to talk to the service manager. It's stupid that they would make me pay for a belt which wouldn't have had to be replace had it not been for the coolant issue.

19000rpm 01-27-2010 12:04 PM

under 100 Dont worry! You could also try telling them to just clean it with some break clean before reinstalling the old one to save it.

cayenned 01-27-2010 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by 19000rpm (Post 2704317)
under 100 Dont worry! You could also try telling them to just clean it with some break clean before reinstalling the old one to save it.

price $130. Called me back to say it was actually worn. Ill pay it this time and move on.

Ill keep everyone posted on what the service invoice says when I pick it up.