Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Porsche Badge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 12:41 PM
RADical is on a distinguished road
Porsche Badge

I purchased the new Panamera "PORSCHE" badge from a dealer several weeks ago, but I haven't attempted to put it on yet. It was easy enough to take off the old Cayenne badge, but is there anything I should know about putting the new one on? Obviously I am going to wash it first, but the badge comes attached to a thin piece of papar and doesn't feel all that sticky. Is it necessary to add any adhesive or will it adhere as is. Other questions are: Should I wax the back hatch first, should it be applied in a warm garage, should I warm up the letters with a blow dryer etc...? I don't want to screw it up so any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
clean surface - peel and stick?

Old 03-01-2010, 01:23 PM
elcayano is on a distinguished road
pics?

Old 03-01-2010, 01:56 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RADical
Should I wax the back hatch first
Actually you want to remove any wax before you stick the logo on; just a gentle wipe with rubbing alcohol or wax remover will do the trick. Then, as noted above, just peel and stick. Do it right the first time though because you only get one shot. I used painter's tape to help me align and center my logo when I replaced mine.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:06 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sparkhill
Actually you want to remove any wax before you stick the logo on; just a gentle wipe with rubbing alcohol or wax remover will do the trick. Then, as noted above, just peel and stick. Do it right the first time though because you only get one shot. I used painter's tape to help me align and center my logo when I replaced mine.
+1 painters tape. Line it up perfect before you stick it. Wear rubber gloves, oils on your fingers will prevent the 3M adhesive from sticking properly. Do it in warm weather. Don't wax prior to doing it. If you are paranoid, wash and clay, polish, then put it on.

Lastly, measure distance and mark measurements using blue painters tape. It may not seem sticky now, but once you pull the tape away, the adhesive on the decal is very very sticky.