Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

>>> Carbon Fibered my Cayennes Dash Pod - Lots O' Pics of the process <<<<

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 04:20 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
>>> Carbon Fibered my Cayennes Dash Pod - Lots O' Pics of the process <<<<

I guess I am now done with the Mild mods Started this project on Friday and finished it a few hours ago. Was the first time I ever CF'd
anything and I will say it was both challenging and unnerving at the same time. Moving forward, I will be CFing all my trim pieces and a few "other" items.
If anyone has extra trim pieces (plastic or aluminum) they will sell / give me for peanuts, please PM me. Next up is the center dash piece - see last picture.

Enjoy and feel free to hit me up with comments / questions.

And here is the piece I am doing next.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:04 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
looks awesome!!!! Love your red dials! Are you going to do the steering wheel, too???

Old 08-15-2010, 08:05 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JenK
looks awesome!!!! Love your red dials! Are you going to do the steering wheel, too???
Thanks ! Concerning the steering wheel - I will prob buy a race wheel with CF, flat bottom and alacantra grips. That's the one piece I wont do as I want the race wheel. This means I will have an extra wood wheel + my original wheel Wish I knew I was going that root before I dropped coin on the current wheel.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:31 PM
jtsherri is on a distinguished road
Gorgeous - very nice work!

Old 08-15-2010, 11:42 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
wow...that turns out great for DIY...khudos to u man...

Old 08-16-2010, 07:17 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Looks good!

Old 08-16-2010, 07:58 AM
powderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to behold
Looks awesome.. where do I send mine??

Old 08-16-2010, 09:10 AM
is.deleon is on a distinguished road
definately looks good, keep it coming...

Old 08-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by powderjay
Looks awesome.. where do I send mine??

Perhaps a passing comment, but . . . After a few more pieces I might actually offer this service. Final fit is always a concern as the CF and resin add thickness. This means I would need to carefully pick which pieces I could do. I will use my C as the lab rat and then see. I order all pieces used from a dismantler so as to avoid having the car in pieces while I work.

Stay tuned !

Old 08-16-2010, 08:01 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Looks very good. What type of carbon fiber and where can you get this. I would like to try a few things just to experiment with.Then maybe step up to say interior side mirrors on my Turbo S. Other than that not sure I have skill to try too many things in my car.

What are you actual steps is that a clear coat you applied. If so how did you apply?

Old 08-16-2010, 08:48 PM
Brentis is on a distinguished road
Dude - Don't listen to all these guys. They are just egging you on to see how ghetto you can make your car. Comon' Red dials, with wood package AND carbon fiber on a gray interior????

FWIW, the CF finish does look good. But just because you can do it - doesn't make it a good idea. Not to mention, um every friggen dash in the world is matte finish for a reason - glare.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:11 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
I think it looks good but I like CF ghetto ??? He says he will be doing all of his trim so I assume there will be no wood visible when he is done. Carbon will look good with grey. Now if he had cream interior I would agree.

But if you look at his link he has done a ton of exterior Mods. Not my cup of tea on the Exterior but it's his to do as he wants. All of the work looks good doesn't look as someone just started screwing on pieces of this and that. I am pretty sure he has way more coin than he could ever hope to recoup but he isn't selling to my knowledge.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:17 PM
CF is not necessarily ghetto. CF is awesome when used for its lightweight & strength. Using as an overlay - I'm meh. Using with rosewood, red dials, on the dash where glare is a concern = not the best use of idle time and resources, IMHO.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by Brentis
Dude - Don't listen to all these guys. They are just egging you on to see how ghetto you can make your car. Comon' Red dials, with wood package AND carbon fiber on a gray interior????

FWIW, the CF finish does look good. But just because you can do it - doesn't make it a good idea. Not to mention, um every friggen dash in the world is matte finish for a reason - glare.
Then I guess adding the hydraulics, lambo doors, 30' dubs, naked chick mudflaps, vanity plates " 2Fresh" and vintage huggy bear interior accents is right out.
Was really trying to go for this look:

I'm just enjoying doing stuff no one else is (maybe for a good reason) and taking my time. Daily honks and thumbs up so I guess I am on to something.
Will try to stop myself just short of total insanity, but no guarantees. Keep in mind I associate myself with meatwad so you know something is wrong with me.

BTW - for those who asked - carbonmods.co.uk - fast delivery to the states and a great way to get into cf.

Last edited by roxboxxx; 08-16-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Well that's cool. If you are using to experiment & play with. It just seemed everyone was complementing the look of all those disparate pieces.

Someone mentioned CF mirror caps. I actually saw these on a silver one like mine and if you could fab a cap that snapped on or replacement, that could be of interest to a lot of people as they sell for $500 .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: >>> Carbon Fibered my Cayennes Dash Pod - Lots O' Pics of the process <<<<