Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Why I bought the CTT, Cayenne Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 07:51 PM
GOB
GOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud of
Why I bought the CTT, Cayenne Turbo

Before I purchased my current 2003 RoW Turbo (can you imagine?! a Beta Turbo? ), I used to own a 98 996 C2 RoW fully decked out. Had the 911 for about 3.5 years and was a lifelong dream come true (always wanted a 911). I got it because, for the price, you could not beat the combination of comfort and performance. Well, after a while, the M030 suspension and the 6speed started to get its toll on me I wanted something more comfortable and quiet and better able to cope with the infinite amount of potholes, floddings, etc, so the CTT was a natural choice as I did not want to give up performance.

Since I got it in July of last year, it has been "decently" good to me (too many quirks to list and at 10mpg, its a gaz guzzler to the extreme) and liked it, but every time I see a 911, I get the itching back Well, today I test drove a MINT 2002 C2 Triptonic in the same color as my CTT (that would make a good looking couple, no? ). Once I got on the highway, I remembered EXACTLY why I got rid of the 911 and got the CTT

The CTT will have that '02 C2 for lunch and dinner at highway passes (think torque). The CTT is VASTLY superior in dealing with road irregularities, potholes, driveways, speed bumps, flooded streets, you know, the regular day to day things. The shifting is much smoother in the CTT (heck I have to look at the gauge to see what gear I am in, as it doesn't make a difference as it will alway perform no matter). The interior cabin is A LOT quieter in the CTT. Visibility is INFINITELY much better (ride height) in the CTT. With the CTT I can choose to be as comfy as a big sedan or as harsh as a 911 (sport setting on suspension). Did I even mention how much more practical the CTT is with regards to rear seating and luggage space (think twin boys, 8 years old)?

Am I bashing the 911? NO! I still want one and think its the most practical sportscar ever made, but for my needs and driving conditions (horrible roads, stop and go traffic), few, if anything, can beat a CTT. Now about that MPG/tire life/electrical glitches

Old 09-16-2010, 12:13 AM
03LX470 is on a distinguished road
Interesting...

Love the Porsche sports cars personally but i have lower back problems which make entry/exit and the firm ride a problem for me. Fortunately, Porsche makes Cayennes and Panameras so I'm glad I dont have to be left out of the Porsche experience.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:50 AM
GOB
GOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud of
I too am part of the lower back problems! 11 years ago I had a motorcycle accident where I promptly broke 6 vertebraes leaving a pair compressed nearly 50%. A year learning how to walk again and every morning with pain is a quick reminder what I got tired of the 911s ride and like the Cayenne better....

Old 09-16-2010, 06:43 PM
GOB
I should have known better before posting... EVERY SINGLE time I say "no way would I...." I end up getting that! Just got a call from the seller of the 02 C2 in mention above knocking $5,500 off the selling price I know I don't need the car, but man, this is a deal I almost cannot pass up!

Old 09-16-2010, 07:58 PM
jr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nice
Originally Posted by GOB
Before I purchased my current 2003 RoW Turbo (can you imagine?! a Beta Turbo? ), I used to own a 98 996 C2 RoW fully decked out. Had the 911 for about 3.5 years and was a lifelong dream come true (always wanted a 911). I got it because, for the price, you could not beat the combination of comfort and performance. Well, after a while, the M030 suspension and the 6speed started to get its toll on me I wanted something more comfortable and quiet and better able to cope with the infinite amount of potholes, floddings, etc, so the CTT was a natural choice as I did not want to give up performance.

Since I got it in July of last year, it has been "decently" good to me (too many quirks to list and at 10mpg, its a gaz guzzler to the extreme) and liked it, but every time I see a 911, I get the itching back Well, today I test drove a MINT 2002 C2 Triptonic in the same color as my CTT (that would make a good looking couple, no? ). Once I got on the highway, I remembered EXACTLY why I got rid of the 911 and got the CTT

The CTT will have that '02 C2 for lunch and dinner at highway passes (think torque). The CTT is VASTLY superior in dealing with road irregularities, potholes, driveways, speed bumps, flooded streets, you know, the regular day to day things. The shifting is much smoother in the CTT (heck I have to look at the gauge to see what gear I am in, as it doesn't make a difference as it will alway perform no matter). The interior cabin is A LOT quieter in the CTT. Visibility is INFINITELY much better (ride height) in the CTT. With the CTT I can choose to be as comfy as a big sedan or as harsh as a 911 (sport setting on suspension). Did I even mention how much more practical the CTT is with regards to rear seating and luggage space (think twin boys, 8 years old)?

Am I bashing the 911? NO! I still want one and think its the most practical sportscar ever made, but for my needs and driving conditions (horrible roads, stop and go traffic), few, if anything, can beat a CTT. Now about that MPG/tire life/electrical glitches
I know what you're talking about. I have both. Totally different driving experiences. My wife loves the CTT, but I still prefer the 911.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:39 PM
mixedmac is on a distinguished road
although i just have a cayenne GTS, i know what you guys are talking about.