Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Loose rear end?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 12:17 PM
Sid3ways is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Loose rear end?

I'm aware of what that title sounds like.

Ever since I had this vehicle it seemed the rear end always was loose/floaty. The vehicle is lowered on the lowering links so the rear tires have some negative camber. When I'd hit big bumps, it almost always feels like the rear end skips to the right or left, it is especially bad when it's wet out. The vehicle also has always had a vibration when driving around 40 especially but on and off as you go faster.

The carden shaft isolator failed on me a month or two ago and I did the rubber hose mod but soon after I could hear the driveshaft slapping around down there (though not hitting metal of course, but enough that I could feel it). I have purchase a brand new cardan shaft with isolator I'm going to install this weekend and I'm really hoping this could be the root cause for the vibration and rear end. My thought is that since the rear end isn't fully loaded with the driveshaft moving all around, that is causing the rear wheels to hop. The negative camber is making things worse so I plan on raising the car back to factory height and then lowering the proper way with the Durametric as the ride quality is pretty bad.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.