Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne coolant line class action lawsuit

Old 12-26-2010, 10:09 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Question

Seems like 2006 has the same problem.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:12 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Make that all V8 2003-2006 Cayennes; CS, CTT, GTS, CTTS and Transsyberia models.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Markenstein3D is on a distinguished road
sorry for being naive, but i think these rankings and good reviews (car of the year, dependable car of the year, blah, blah, blah) are all but paid marketing. i bought the cayenne because it's a porsche - known dependable brand and rich history in motorsports. they don't need to overpay for marketing as the brand itself can stand by it's own.. porsche purist aren't paid to say good things about their product, they promote it because they are proud of their cars. instead of doing gimmicks in facebook (for their 1 million fans), porsche should instead focus on customers that bought their cars and move down to potential buyers (rather than screwing customers once they cash in the check)... makes me think of politics and politicians back in my country.. you see them sweat, walk, cry, laugh, embrace and shake people hands on election so they can get their votes.. once they win, you don't see them come back, or see them in person. they got what they want, and they move on... business as usual.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by Markenstein3D
sorry for being naive, but i think these rankings and good reviews (car of the year, dependable car of the year, blah, blah, blah) are all but paid marketing. i bought the cayenne because it's a porsche - known dependable brand and rich history in motorsports. they don't need to overpay for marketing as the brand itself can stand by it's own.. porsche purist aren't paid to say good things about their product, they promote it because they are proud of their cars. instead of doing gimmicks in facebook (for their 1 million fans), porsche should instead focus on customers that bought their cars and move down to potential buyers (rather than screwing customers once they cash in the check)... makes me think of politics and politicians back in my country.. you see them sweat, walk, cry, laugh, embrace and shake people hands on election so they can get their votes.. once they win, you don't see them come back, or see them in person. they got what they want, and they move on... business as usual.
"Your" country? Sounds like my country.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:33 PM
Markenstein3D is on a distinguished road
hehehe... politics, by any other name, is still politics ;-)

Old 12-26-2010, 11:42 PM
quattrotman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gr8ful
[B]

Urging buyers to insist that coolant pipes have been replaced BEFORE taking delivery is another approach.

The fact is, Porsche refuses to replace plastic pipes which have not (yet) failed as a preventative measure under warranty--either their original new car warranty or their used CPO warranty.

Since the marque is always under scrutiny, publicizing this problem may get Porsche to take proper action.
I agree, it's absolutely ridiculous that a company like Porsche (who financially is doing very well by the way) doesn't own up to such an obvious and known problem like the coolant pipes. I made it a condition of my purchase that they be changed before I bought... the dealer never even argued as they knew of the problem well. Porsche needs to recall this plain and simple. It's a blemish on an otherwise good vehicle.

Last edited by quattrotman; 12-26-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by quattrotman
I agree, it's absolutely ridiculous that a company like Porsche (who financially is doing very well by the way) doesn't own up to such an obvious and known problem like the coolant pipes. I made it a condition of my purchase that they be changed before I bought... the dealer never even argued as they knew of the problem well. Porsche needs to recall this plain and simple. It's a blemish on an otherwise good vehicle.
Agreed, it's a blemish.

Applauded, your good sense to make them do it before you accepted it.
I assumed they HAD been changed on mine. It makes so much sense, but Porsche has decided to downgrade itself to the status of Chrysler or Ford!

Old 12-27-2010, 09:31 AM
Gdoc is on a distinguished road
Yes thanks. Keep us posted. My coolant pipes from a 2004 TT just ruptured. Thankfully no damage. Replacement costs at least 1500.00, as the parts alone are over 700.00.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Sunset Porsche parts kit is ~$500.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:09 PM
cmoore1 is on a distinguished road
Coolant parts kit from Sunset $440.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Typical. Dealer charged me $24.37 per spark plug which is almost $200 for the set versus $110 plus S/H from Sunset or $120 for laser etched platinum iridium NGK's locally.

Since metals are going up so fast, I bought a full set to keep aside for whan I need them and I will eventually need them. I doubt the cost will go down.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:00 PM
jerryisabel is on a distinguished road
Another broken coolant line, 12/27/10.

My 2006 Cayenne S blew the plastic coolant line(s) last night. Luckily we were close to home. The AAA tow truck driver said he followed the coolant leak down the street into my driveway. I took it to my friend this morning for repairs and he told me about the defect problem and recommended I take it to the local Porsche dealer. I'm dreading the phone call because I know what they're going to say since it's no longer under warranty.

Old 12-27-2010, 03:22 PM
motohead77 is on a distinguished road
2005 cayenne s 55000 miles just blew the coolant pipes the day before christmas I was enroute with 3 friends to big bear to go snowboarding. AAA I called and didnt get a tow truck for 4 hours I was not happy. I was driving up the cajon pass (which is a steep hill if your not from socal) and coolant light came on and someone was yelling at me your car is smoking....awesome. I started in on mine today I want to get it all ready so when the parts come in from suncoast $550 including shipping I can just throw the new parts in.

Last edited by motohead77; 12-27-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
To all the posters who just had their coolant pipes burst... be aware, this is only the beginning. The starter is right under the coolant pipes and will most likely go bad due to being drenched in coolant. Also, the transmission seals tend to go out due to the coolant pouring over the transmission as well... mine failed 48 hours after the coolant pipe repair by my local Porsche dealer. The only sure thing is replacing the plastic pipes "before" they fail so it does not take the other parts with them. FYI

Old 12-27-2010, 09:00 PM
dezigns will become famous soon enoughdezigns will become famous soon enough
why is this issue only relegated to the 2003-2006 Cayennes? Was there an upgrade to the 951 generation (see signature)?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne coolant line class action lawsuit