Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

UPGRADE TIME!!! NEW Agency Power Intakes - Lots-O-pics of install!

Old 01-26-2011, 05:47 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
UPGRADE TIME!!! NEW Agency Power Intakes - Lots-O-pics of install!

It's that time again - UPGRADES!!! and for now I can say I am the only one in the world with Red Agency Power Intakes for a Cayenne !

Anywho, this started when I first saw Vivids post here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...der-knife.html

I was not in the market for intakes as I already had EVOms. After seeing the post I called vivid and asked if they could make a set in red. Answer was " 3 days". WOOT - my EVOMS went up for sale and I ordered the APs.
Why? Appearance and fit and finish is important to me as my hood is up frequently ( shows, interested peps in the street, etc). The EVOms have an aggressive " alien pod" look which is cool, but def not a "Race-Bred Euro" appearance. I was also planning on doing some custom CF work where the EVOms would be in the way. The EVOMS was my intro to intakes and I still like them, but next to the fit and finish of the APs, sorry EVO

AP's showed up yesterday, and being a giant kid I decided to install them at 10:30 P.M. last night in freezing conditions. Post install I took it for a short run and the sound and performance was what I expected - MUCH BETTER than the stock (choke) boxes but similar to the EVOms. Extra torque pull and under hood grunt is very good with the APs. Unfortunately, due to the #&@*%$$# snow, I can't eval further. When the roads clear I will go for a few spirited drives and report back.

INSTALL & COMPARISON NOTES:

Install was a little easier then the EVOms as the heat shields aren't as bulky. Also, the shields have welded guide pegs as apposed to the nuts and bolt setup on the EVOms. Pegs were a nice touch as I remember having to get my own bolts as my EVOms kit never came with them. Install time was less than 1 hour and def one of my easier mods. Vivid added a few AP stickers which I slapped on the shields (to me looks sweet). They did not melt after 2 hours of sitting in snow traffic today so I guess I am safe there .

Filters with the EVOms kit are Evo branded and APs kit has K&Ns with red anodized caps. Again, they probably both do the same job, but to me the K&Ns had the extra appearance edge. With the EVOms you can't see the filters anyway so no biggie. AP you can see them, so its a bonus.

Anyway - on to this pics!

Everything that's in the box (minus the AP stickers)

Start with 1 very Dirty Salt-Covered Cayenne and a 26 Degree night (My original EVOMS are still on).

Few too many projects going on at once (my kids benz getting a touch of G2)

After the stock airbox is removed (in my case this was done a long time ago), this is the hole you will need to fill with lovely AP intake goodness.

Here are the 2 lower grommets where the original stock boxes sat. The AP heat shield plugs right in to the stock grommets.

Pulling back a bit so you can get your bearings on where these are.

These are the AP heat shield tabs that are inserted into the blue grommets.

You do not want to try installing everything pre-assembled (it wont fit) so heat shield goes in first.

Here you can see I did not listen to what I said above - of course I had to take it apart and install the shield first.

Better shot without my surgical mitts on it.

Driver side now in - LEAVE ALL CLAMPS LOOSE until you bolt the heat shield to the intake and the intake to the chassis (see next pic)

That tab now makes sense, it uses the same bolt from the original stock airbox and bolts directly to the chassis.

The driver side has some interference from the washer fluid heater line (the black tube over the top of the red intake). You will need to push the line aside to get the intake in.

POOF! Done!

And Now the Money Shot!

This is an easy upgrade that has some dam good performance & looks yield. If I were to change anything with the intakes it would be to include Black Hex Bolts for the connection between the heat shield and the intakes ( I will do that myself for now). Other than that, these things are spot on and look like something you would see attached to any mid-engine Italian sled.

Thanks to Dan at vivid for rushing the powder coat (they were not even promoting it initially so that was a break). Hoping I can keep the exclusive in the red for a little while

Old 01-26-2011, 05:52 PM
RobsCountach is on a distinguished road
Nice !
So, how difficult is pulling the original air boxes as I'm looking to do that !

Is that an SLK ?

Old 01-26-2011, 06:06 PM
lnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura about
Nice! Congrats -- glad you are liking the intake

Old 01-26-2011, 06:20 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by RobsCountach
Nice !
So, how difficult is pulling the original air boxes as I'm looking to do that !

Is that an SLK ?
Taking the originals out is not that bad - its just tight getting them out as they are bulky.

Its:

1. Take Air Box Lids off.
2. Take Filters out.
3. Loosen the clamp to the mass air flow sensors.
4. Remove 1-2 visible bolts ( I forget).
5. Grab the airbox housing and PULL UP like your Hercules ! (they don't always want to come free from those blue grommets - a little wd-40 helps)

Its pretty dam easy upgrade for anyone with a flat head screwdriver and a basic metric socket set.

On the SLK - YES ! Good eye. Its my sons and we are upgrading the brakes, refinishing the wheels and repainting the peeling interior with the special MB rubber paint. Will be done soon and then it goes up for sale this summer. He is saving for a 911

Old 01-26-2011, 06:48 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
That looks hottt!!!!
Cool pics n nicely detailed explanation

Old 01-26-2011, 09:15 PM
Markenstein3D is on a distinguished road
COOL!!! post clips of the sound!!! ;-)

Old 01-26-2011, 09:30 PM
PutterMcGavin is on a distinguished road
I love it! Looks great Rox!

I contacted them a while back about a plenum for the CTT's but haven't gotten back to them. Would love to see a CTT version of this!

Old 01-27-2011, 07:25 AM
the head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the rough
I used several Agency Power pieces on a Subaru I used to own. It's as good as anything else out there. Great write-up.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:21 AM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Nice!

Old 01-27-2011, 12:51 PM
STDFAST is on a distinguished road
nice....

Old 01-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Thanks all for the positive comments. I decided I want to swap the black AP couplers for reds. Agency Power / Vivid swapping at NC to me - NICE ! Will post more pics and some sound bites once the 18inces of snow we got last night gets off the road.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:18 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
Thanks all for the positive comments. I decided I want to swap the black AP couplers for reds. Agency Power / Vivid swapping at NC to me - NICE ! Will post more pics and some sound bites once the 18inces of snow we got last night gets off the road.

I swear Vivid can just sell the first piece as a replacement on the V6 too.....I need to ping him to get someone nearby to dump a 3.2 and 3.6 on his doorstep to look and do a quick assessment.

I would love a more masculine sounding intake......you can hear a deep sucking sound when it activates already with the choking factory airbox in place.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Platinum Sponsor
Agency Power is just really niceAgency Power is just really niceAgency Power is just really niceAgency Power is just really nice
Great write-up! Thanks for the kind words!

Old 01-27-2011, 06:34 PM
snzuloz is on a distinguished road
Great write up, now altogether TURBO, TURBO, TURBO...

Old 01-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by snzuloz
Great write up, now altogether TURBO, TURBO, TURBO...
OH YOU STRUCK A NERVE!!!

NO NO NO - At one point I had $45K cash in my hand to buy a cayenne turbo. I looked for 4 months and could not find anyone to take my money for a TT. Out of frustration I bought the lowly S, but vowed to make the turbo guys say " wow, that's nice". I am sure I can lateral now but there is NO way I will give this up. It's become family member (dads obnoxious car) with lots of blood sweat and tears invested. It's here to stay and will continue to be modded until there are maybe 3 parts left that say Porsche

A 911 is coming this summer which will run rings around any Cayenne so I will DEF have all I need (world peace can wait). !!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: UPGRADE TIME!!! NEW Agency Power Intakes - Lots-O-pics of install!