Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

My latest mods.....

Old 02-12-2011, 12:51 PM
S-B-D will become famous soon enoughS-B-D will become famous soon enough
My latest mods.....

Recently added OEM Bluetooth and ipod intergration to my '09 GTS. Also did a couple of other things:

Blinder M47 laser jammer. I installed all four pods on the front of the vehicle.

Added a JL 600 watt amp and 2 JL 8W3 subwoofers to the otherwise stock Bose system. As many others have done, the amp is located under the spare tire in the location of the stock POS Bose sub. The signal feeds right off the stock sub harness.

I looked into the JL audio stealthbox system, but it is now confirmed that it will not fit on MY '08 and beyond if you have a hydraulic liftgate unless you relocate some of the factory harnesses and control modules. It will fit if you do not have a hydraulic liftgate.

In any case, I needed a solution that would sound good and yet not deprive me of utility. I ended up using 2 JL audio ported boxes, each with an 8W3 sub. I then did the cosmetic work to get it to match the interior of the vehicle a little better.

I ended up creating this modular system which comes apart in 30 seconds. Everything is put together with a high grade velcro. And, yes, that is genuine Alcantara. If I want, I can also run just one of the subs, if transport requirements dictate.

So here are a few pics:

In the cupholder area is laser jammer switch, the jammer alert LED, and the subwoofer volume control. I now have no cupholders in front. Boo hoo. Got a reasonable match with the texture of the interior plastics. I am considering redoing with Alcantara, however.

[IMG][/IMG]

Here are the subs:

[IMG][/IMG]

I don't like leaving things unfinished so I fabricated the styling of the center panels to be similar to the sport shifter which I installed last month:

[IMG][/IMG]

Very happy with the way it all turned out. As I said, maintaining practicality was a factor here, and I found a solution that works well. Finally, the transformation of the sound system is nothing short of astounding. When freed from the burden of bass, the Bose system really holds it own. The 2 8" subs pack a good punch without overpowering the factory Bose system. What's most impressive is not the obvious bass, but the subtleties, especially in vocals. I HIGHLY encourage everyone to do this. You will not be disappointed.

Last edited by S-B-D; 02-15-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:55 PM
eieio35 is on a distinguished road
I have the hydraulic lift gate and the stealthbox is installed on my 08 CTT. I also have the panaramic roof and the motor assembly had to be moved a little.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by eieio35
I have the hydraulic lift gate and the stealthbox is installed on my 08 CTT. I also have the panaramic roof and the motor assembly had to be moved a little.
It can be done, but you need to relocate the control module for the liftgate. I didn't want to starting ripping apart factory electronics.

Old 02-12-2011, 02:44 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Nicely done - and big respect for a nice vs ghetto install.

Question for you: Do you have the stock wire color codes you could share?
e.g:

Red: constant power / Brown: Sub Signal, etc.

I have the stock Bose sub in the tire well and was planning on swapping it out.
I am actually trying to get the same thing for ALL the wires for the factory amp (above the CD changer) as I do not want to rewired the entire truck when I swap out my head unit.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
Nicely done - and big respect for a nice vs ghetto install.

Question for you: Do you have the stock wire color codes you could share?
e.g:

Red: constant power / Brown: Sub Signal, etc.

I have the stock Bose sub in the tire well and was planning on swapping it out.
I am actually trying to get the same thing for ALL the wires for the factory amp (above the CD changer) as I do not want to rewired the entire truck when I swap out my head unit.
Here is a link to a thread on this forum (not mine) that gives you pics of the stock wiring and how it can hook up to an aftermarket amp. You will have to scroll about half way down the first page to see the pics. I opted to go with a 4-gauge main power line, however, and not feed of the stock line.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...upgrade-2.html.

I appreciate the "no ghetto" comment. I wanted to do something unique, but it had to match the vehicle, preserve full utility if needed, and definitely not look ghetto. Sometimes it can be a fine line....like with wheels....22" look okay, 23's are ghetto.

Last edited by S-B-D; 02-13-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:57 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Link is a big help. I currently have 4 extra amps and 3 sub boxs - Can make a quick -no cut solution to test out the improvement.

What surprises me is that no one has put the am in the side well and build the enclosure in the space where the bose sub is. I might give that a go.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
Link is a big help. I currently have 4 extra amps and 3 sub boxs - Can make a quick -no cut solution to test out the improvement.

What surprises me is that no one has put the am in the side well and build the enclosure in the space where the bose sub is. I might give that a go.
Actually someone has done this. Do a search. There is an install where a guy housed a JL 10W7 in the spare tire well. He had to create a lifted floor to accomdate the sub, and he lost his spare tire, however.

I had thought about this but didn't want to lose my spare tire. You could build a box with a smaller sub that would fit in the space occupied by the bose sub box. You could then keep the spare tire over it. In fact, you could probably use the Bose sub box itself as a starting point. Seal up the stock sub hole, do some cutting, pasting, etc, etc. Could work. It would still sit under a thick floorboard, however, and might still lead to less than optimal sound output and/or unwanted vibrations.....unless you also cut a hole in the floor board and use a grille cover with the above set-up. Anyway....options are there. Get creative and have fun with it. For me, I didn't want to really rip up my vehicle and I needed an option that would maintaiin utility if and when I needed it. My "modular" solution works for me.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:35 PM
CayenneTurbo77 has a spectacular aura aboutCayenneTurbo77 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by S-B-D
Actually someone has done this. Do a search. There is an install where a guy housed a JL 10W7 in the spare tire well. He had to create a lifted floor to accomdate the sub, and he lost his spare tire, however.

I had thought about this but didn't want to lose my spare tire. You could build a box with a smaller sub that would fit in the space occupied by the bose sub box. You could then keep the spare tire over it. In fact, you could probably use the Bose sub box itself as a starting point. Seal up the stock sub hole, do some cutting, pasting, etc, etc. Could work. It would still sit under a thick floorboard, however, and might still lead to less than optimal sound output and/or unwanted vibrations.....unless you also cut a hole in the floor board and use a grille cover with the above set-up. Anyway....options are there. Get creative and have fun with it. For me, I didn't want to really rip up my vehicle and I needed an option that would maintaiin utility if and when I needed it. My "modular" solution works for me.

12 inch W7....

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...te-dyno-s.html

I have also installed a 12inch W6 in my other two Cayenne's.....will post pics this week....

Old 02-13-2011, 05:54 PM
CTTinTO is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the link on the wiring... very helpful but what is everyone doing about the RCA inputs to the amp? does the factory amp run generic RCA wires? somehow I doubt that... whats the solution?

Old 02-14-2011, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by CTTinTO
Thanks for the link on the wiring... very helpful but what is everyone doing about the RCA inputs to the amp? does the factory amp run generic RCA wires? somehow I doubt that... whats the solution?
You can get an adaptor that allows the factory wiring to splice to RCA plugs

Old 02-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Or and amp that has high level inputs

Old 02-15-2011, 04:17 PM
adaptor links anyone?

Old 02-16-2011, 04:24 PM
does the adaptor get spliced into the wires coming into the factory amp? or do you spice into the closest speaker wires?