Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Exhaust leak...Please help!

Old 05-19-2011, 07:08 AM
toshii is on a distinguished road
Exhaust leak...Please help!

I have a 04' cayenne V6.

So i was driving the other day and my friend said your car sounds a lot louder (driving everyday u dont notice things sometimes). so i brought it to a friends shop to through it on a lift. Turns out there is a leake is the flex pipe portion of the exhaust close by the catalytic converter. Im not sure if its connected to the manifold or what...

Any ideas, part #, what needs to be replaced, can i just replace the flex pipe???

Hopefully you guys can help me out soon bc it doesnt sound too fancy pully up to a club in a loud cayenne lol

Old 05-26-2011, 01:26 PM
toshii is on a distinguished road
Anyone know where i could find a diagram of the exhaust from the manifold back?

Old 04-17-2019, 07:19 AM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
anyone ever been able to just replace or somehow repair the flex part only? my mechanic says need the whole converter which in Canada is $1,800 US dollars. emailed Suncoast to see if they have the replacement part.

Old 04-18-2019, 07:04 PM
Magdaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
A local Indy-predominantly Audi/VW, replaces the flex pipes regularly. He has a shelf full of different diameter’s , and lengths. They actually welded the replacement flex pipe in place without removing the pre-cat section for me.

The flex pipe is in the pre cat section, directly attached to the exhaust manifold (header) with O2 sensors, then flex section with a flange, that bolts to the secondary cat.

You can can check out a diagram on Delaware Porsche Parts.

The OEM replacement piece is stupid expensive, find a local shop that can weld stainless..and get it done. Replacement gaskets top and bottom are relatively cheap. Eventually, that exhaust leak will throw a CEL.

Old 04-19-2019, 06:09 AM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
thanks for the input, - i did find a CDN performance place that does up replacements for a fraction of the OEM price. hasn't kicked the codes yet but should be done next week. in the meantime at least it adds some extra cool sound to the GTS's exhaust note - there is always a silver lining imo.

again, thx for taking the time to comment Magdaddy