Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Thinking of ordering a Cayenne - couple questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 01:25 AM
KANdaddy is on a distinguished road
Thinking of ordering a Cayenne - couple questions

Hey folks,

I fell in love with the new Cayenne thinking of ordering a V6 one soon. My configuration is a tad over budget so wanted to get your take on a few options.

• Carbon fiber basic interior package - worth it? I really hate wood and aluminum trim.
  • Stainless steel front and rear skip pads - the standard black looks so cheap IMO.
  • Rear entertainment system...for the kids. Will be doing a fair amount of kid shuttling and family travel. Have always had entertainment for the kids. The OEM system is pricy but I don't see any other alternatives that look and fit well.

Thanks for any opinions

Old 06-08-2011, 04:08 AM
dochusar is on a distinguished road
The standard trim on the Cayenne is black lacquer trim and IMHO looks just fine and did not upgrade to wood or carbon fiber.

Attached Images   
Old 06-08-2011, 08:50 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by KANdaddy
Hey folks,

I fell in love with the new Cayenne thinking of ordering a V6 one soon. My configuration is a tad over budget so wanted to get your take on a few options.

• Carbon fiber basic interior package - worth it? I really hate wood and aluminum trim.
  • Stainless steel front and rear skip pads - the standard black looks so cheap IMO.
  • Rear entertainment system...for the kids. Will be doing a fair amount of kid shuttling and family travel. Have always had entertainment for the kids. The OEM system is pricy but I don't see any other alternatives that look and fit well.

Thanks for any opinions
hello,

Great choice in SUV.
As for the Carbon interior, i think it's nice but I didn't get it. The black lacquer trim which is standard is pretty nice. Also, depends on your interior color. It might look kinda odd with luxor interior. But with blk it looks hot.

The Skip Pad - yes the standard looks cheap, but I spend close to 25k on options and this was not on my list and it was pushing me over the budget as well. I could live without it.

The rear entertainment pkg - i was considering this but skipped out on it since I don't want people to get in and start playing with it and make me a driver for them. As for kids, I don't have any right now, but come November - we will have a baby. But even for a baby or kids, i thought this was not a good option for me, as I want to my ride interactive and would like to talk to my kid when i am driving vs. put them up to a show etc. I guess it's sort of cultural and the way one is brought up. My parents always emphasized family time and every minute counted.

In the end, if you can afford a cayenne most of these options you can pay for. But it comes down to which ones are must and which are nice to have. For me, these all fell in nice to have.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions, i think i studied the option list like crazy before ordering.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:30 AM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
Agree with the others on the black trim. I personally am a fan of it with any int. color, although the carbon fiber does look nice/sporty from pictures.

The skid plates are a nice to have, but I think it kind of depends on the ext. color you choose. They're not really all that noticeable, and the black ties in with the rest of the black trim on the car. Since you're budgeting, I would save on these 2 options.

For the rear seat entertainment, why not buy a couple of iPads and seat hangers and use those instead? Less expensive, portable, and multifunctional. Easy choice here IMO.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll love the Cayenne.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:21 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
No comment on the interior carbon as I have the aluminum which I think is standard in the CTT which is OK for me.

The skid plates depend on your exterior color, if you have a dark color like black or dark blue then the stainless steel looks great and stands out. But if you get a light color like silver or white then it looks odd or just does not really appear. Or you can order them from Suncoast and have them installed at a trusted shop in your area. So maybe just order the car without them and if you still feel that you want them then just order from Suncoast, that is also true for any interior upgrades you wanted.

I had some aftermarket dvd players installed, they are not integrated in the sound system as well as factory but still work great. But since they are flushed into the headrest they do not take up room in the rear like the protruding DVD player that comes from the factory.

Somethings you did not mention and I think are a must for me is:

PDCC/PTV
burmester or at least bose
LCA
adaptive cruise
keyless entry and drive
power sunshades

I know these really add up but they make it a totally different and better SUV .

Old 06-08-2011, 12:11 PM
KANdaddy is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all the suggestions here. I think I can check the carbon fiber off the list. Didn't know standard was black, which I like too. Still on the fence for the DVD system but leaning towards a no. I like the iPad idea. Thanks for the heads up on Suncoast...after looking at the pics, the rear skid plate seems like it's just trim and barely noticeable...so taking that off the list. Will prob just buy the front one and maybe install later.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:14 PM
tex94 is on a distinguished road
I use iPads for my kids on long trips. Check Amazon as there are good options for attaching these to your headrest. For long trips it is a must have but for quick hops it would be a pain to set up the iPads each time (and I wouldnt suggest just leaving them in plain view all the time).

Agree with all that has been said