Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Anyone running a 265/65/R18?

Old 09-02-2016, 12:17 AM
KTI
KTI is on a distinguished road
265/65/18 fits fine. Running Toyo Open Country ATII. Zero rub from full turn or turning under articulation. Driving at 72mph I'm actually going 80mph based on GPS.

Then I tried 275/55/20's also Open Country ATII. It clears the ball joint fine but its rubs on the wheel well liner. I will have to use a heat gun to push the plastic liner a bit if I decide to run the 20's

Last edited by KTI; 09-02-2016 at 12:26 AM.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:59 PM
Tedman5 is on a distinguished road
Got my secondaries.

Was happy to read this thread recently because after purchasing my CGTS last March I knew I needed a winter set.
255/55/18 General Grabber AT2 was what I went with so I can double use them 4 seasons for some light off roading or beach use.
Now, for those of you running similar tires what pressures are you running? They came aired at 37psi with a max inflation of 51. The computer is trying to tell me they should be at 39f/49r. I don't like being so close to the max. I'm running 40/45. Put on today (I know it's early) to test drive them and play around. Not as noisy as I thought and man does she ride smooth and plush compared to the 21" summer rubber!
Anyway, thought I'd share my changes.

Last edited by Tedman5; 09-16-2016 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:56 PM
BigBearJoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello everyone! This will be my first post to the forum. My wife and I just bought our first Porsche, a 2005 Cayenne Turbo, about a month ago. After perusing the various forms I took the leap and bought a full set of 18 inch stock wheels and installed 265/65R18 Kumho Road Venture AT51 all terrains. After one challenging but damage free excursion up a little used, overgrown, rocky forest road here in the western Cascades and a few street miles I can report no rubbing/clearance issues with the tires.

On a side note, this trip confirmed my long-held desire to get a Cayenne. It's a thrill to drive on the pavement and a very competent off-road vehicle as well.

What is it about humans and the forest? Found this at the very top of a challenging, rocky, overgrown seldom used forest service road.

Eagle Creek Rd., Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest, north of Skykomish, Washington

Old 07-29-2017, 01:02 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BigBearJoe
Hello everyone! This will be my first post to the forum. My wife and I just bought our first Porsche, a 2005 Cayenne Turbo, about a month ago. After perusing the various forms I took the leap and bought a full set of 18 inch stock wheels and installed 265/65R18 Kumho Road Venture AT51 all terrains. After one challenging but damage free excursion up a little used, overgrown, rocky forest road here in the western Cascades and a few street miles I can report no rubbing/clearance issues with the tires.

On a side note, this trip confirmed my long-held desire to get a Cayenne. It's a thrill to drive on the pavement and a very competent off-road vehicle as well.

What is it about humans and the forest? Found this at the very top of a challenging, rocky, overgrown seldom used forest service road.

Eagle Creek Rd., Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest, north of Skykomish, Washington

Nice. I've got an '05 as well. I'm over on the west side of the Sound though. Looks like a great drive up there!!

Old 10-11-2018, 07:55 PM
gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !
Thinking of getting a set of 18x8.5 wheels and some 265/65/18 AT tires for my 05 CTT. For those of you running this size, do you always have to be in Terrain mode? What happens if you drop down to normal or loading?

Thanks in advance all

Old 10-12-2018, 11:30 AM
I've been running with my 265/65R18 tires for over a year now with no significant issues. They may be lightly rubbing (scuffing) the fender wall plastic but I don't think they're causing any real damage. And plenty of other folks have done the same and reported no contact whatsoever.

And no, it's regardless of air suspension height. It would be completely impractical to need to run at a higher level all the time. The car is programmed to automatically return to normal level at speeds over 50 mph.

Old 10-13-2018, 12:36 PM
gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !
Thanks for the reply. Sounds good. I was thinking to play it safe with 265/60/18 but... I'm always playing it safe...lol. I'd rather go with the 65's. Sounds like I should be good to go.

Btw...Thinking about going with the Falken Wildpeak tires, anyone running those bad boys by any chance?

Originally Posted by BigBearJoe
I've been running with my 265/65R18 tires for over a year now with no significant issues. They may be lightly rubbing (scuffing) the fender wall plastic but I don't think they're causing any real damage. And plenty of other folks have done the same and reported no contact whatsoever.

And no, it's regardless of air suspension height. It would be completely impractical to need to run at a higher level all the time. The car is programmed to automatically return to normal level at speeds over 50 mph.

Old 03-25-2019, 10:13 PM
ShyGuy is on a distinguished road
Here's my Cayenne S on 265/70/18
Rubs on the fender liner which I cut away part of. Not a huge deal. Just touches ever so slightly on full lock.

Old 03-25-2019, 11:24 PM
Wow! Those things look beefy and really fill the wheel wells.

Old 04-28-2019, 06:56 PM
Larporsche is an unknown quantity at this point
Do u have a lift in that or do they hit the ball joints. Shyguy

Old 04-28-2019, 10:40 PM

Here is my 2005 CTT at full height on 265/65R18 Kuhmo Road Ventures. They do rub slightly and a little bit more than that on full lock and some articulation.

Old 08-28-2019, 12:02 PM
DaveSen has much to be proud ofDaveSen has much to be proud ofDaveSen has much to be proud ofDaveSen has much to be proud ofDaveSen has much to be proud ofDaveSen has much to be proud ofDaveSen has much to be proud ofDaveSen has much to be proud ofDaveSen has much to be proud of
Handling???

Can anyone comment on the handling of the Cayenne's after installing the 265/65/18 tires? Wondering if on road handling / cornering is significantly changed? Thx!!

Old 10-22-2019, 03:53 PM
Charles W is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Moonlight Blue Metallic 2016 Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid

I put some GOODYEAR WRANGLER DURATRAC - LT 265/60R18 - 119S on my Moonlight Blue Metallic 2016 Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid. They are .7 inch taller than the tallest oem recommend. But I have had no problems with them at all. And they look pretty beefy! Lot's of compliments! Just remember that when you get an off-road tire, you are sacrificing speed for off-road ablity. My orig oem tires are speed rated at V (149 mph). As you can see in the size of my Duratracs, they are rated 119S. S = 112mph. The best recommended all terrain tires for hwy and off road are usually rated Q (99 mph). Off road only tires are rated about L (75 mph). Since I don't care to go any faster than 112. S is my middle ground speed rating.

Update Jan 2019, Hey again from Las Vegas, sad to say, I am currently selling this Porsche on Autotrader. But at least I got one good trip under my belt.
But the tires have still been GREAT with no problems!

Larger tires on Porsche Cayenne for off road. 265/60R18 - 119S

Larger tires on Porsche Cayenne for off road. 265/60R18 - 119S

Last edited by Charles W; 01-03-2020 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Add update
Old 10-23-2019, 09:38 PM
ShyGuy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Larporsche
Do u have a lift in that or do they hit the ball joints. Shyguy
I just lifted the car a little using the factory air suspension.

Old 10-30-2019, 05:09 PM
2009GTS is an unknown quantity at this point
I just put 265/65/18 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires on last week. I also put on 1.5" adapters. I got a touch of rub in the front wheel well at extreme turn.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone running a 265/65/R18?