Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

leistung motorsports powerkit cayenne turbo 957

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 12:22 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
I dont get what the deal is and why people want this stuff so bad that they are willing to take a chance on an outfit with numerous complaints of bad buisness. What ever happened to support your local exhaust guy?

Old 07-19-2014, 01:17 PM
Waitin4Dv is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Old 07-19-2014, 01:18 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Cole
"Prior experience is not an indicator of future performance"

Trying to get "stickies" put up on a forum and bashing people that are trying to make things right isn't appropriate behavior IMO.
Originally Posted by Cole
If you think I'm offended then you can't read.

I'm just saying you can't bash a guy you have no experience with.

Bash the old guy all you want, but be fair to the new one trying to take over and make it right.
Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion and if you would like to put your money on the line for my parts I would gladly let you change my opinion. Until then I have my opinion, you have yours and obviously they are at odds. I'm good with that.

And as for quotes how about this one..."You are only as good as the company you keep"...

I really hope Hank is able to straighten things out but unless he is able to do it pretty quickly I'm afraid his association with Leistung is only going to tarnish his apparently good reputation. Not a position I envy.

I'm done with this back and forth, obviously this is something you feel strongly about and I respect that. But until I get things resolved one way or another this will be my last post in this thread.

Old 07-19-2014, 01:46 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Well, jdubbya, you're obviously a very prejudice person. Making judgements and trying to hang people before they have ever had the chance to perform is very 1800s of you.

Originally Posted by Mr. Haney
I dont get what the deal is and why people want this stuff so bad that they are willing to take a chance on an outfit with numerous complaints of bad buisness. What ever happened to support your local exhaust guy?

In most places it's illegal for an exhaust shop to remove your catalytic converters. They can sell you a replacement pipe that you install yourself but can't actually remove the cats for you.

Since the Cayenne uses special exhaust flanges then most shops wouldn't be able to make you a "one off" set for you to install later on your own without substantial cost.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:25 PM
LV_V is an unknown quantity at this point
jdubbya posted "But when I contacted HHE they just handed me off to Leistung"

Enough said. Hopefully new orders through HHR are handled in an expedited manner, and what Cole says, I believe they will be. Time will tell. I personally plan on getting my bypass pipes from Hank as soon as I find the right 957...

Old 07-21-2014, 07:12 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Funny that I never did hear back from Rob at Leistung but as soon as I disputed the transaction I got an email from him saying my order was updated to "refunded". We'll see if it actually happens but if not I have no doubt I'll get my money back sooner or later.

Too bad, I really was looking forward to slapping this exhaust on and really hearing this thing roar. Guess I'll try something else now.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by jdubbya
Funny that I never did hear back from Rob at Leistung but as soon as I disputed the transaction I got an email from him saying my order was updated to "refunded". We'll see if it actually happens but if not I have no doubt I'll get my money back sooner or later.

Too bad, I really was looking forward to slapping this exhaust on and really hearing this thing roar. Guess I'll try something else now.
Fvd was pretty good, little more money but I liked everything

Old 07-23-2014, 11:08 PM
Well apparently true to form Rob seems to have made another promise that he didn't follow through on in a timely manner. Supposedly my order was "refunded" after I filed a dispute with paypal but yet he hasn't responded to the dispute or refunded my money.

I will say that Hank responded quickly but all he could basically do is hand me off to Rob. I hope they get their act together and are able to get stuff shipped out quicker. Looking on HHR site they say they are already shipping Leistung products out, that's great. Guess I should have waited a few more weeks until they were up and running. Live and learn.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:26 PM
Mang0 is on a distinguished road
For the few hundred $$$ the majority of us tried to save going with Leistung and all these headaches, should have just gone with some other company *cough* Fabspeed.

All the time I've put in and the shop time I've now had to re-book twice has cost me more than the savings on the parts.

For the record, Hank has also promised to deliver in X days and failed to do so on numerous occasions now with me.

You don't take a customer's money and hold onto it for 2 months while you work on fabbing stuff. Tell me upfront it will take X days and I will either put my money down or go elsewhere. Don't **** in my hand and tell me it's rain when you say it'll take a week and it's been over 2 months.....

Old 07-24-2014, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by Mang0
For the few hundred $$$ the majority of us tried to save going with Leistung and all these headaches, should have just gone with some other company *cough* Fabspeed.

All the time I've put in and the shop time I've now had to re-book twice has cost me more than the savings on the parts.

For the record, Hank has also promised to deliver in X days and failed to do so on numerous occasions now with me.

You don't take a customer's money and hold onto it for 2 months while you work on fabbing stuff. Tell me upfront it will take X days and I will either put my money down or go elsewhere. Don't **** in my hand and tell me it's rain when you say it'll take a week and it's been over 2 months.....
Exactly that's why we have these forums to Lean about things and company's. At first I herd good things then started reading about the delivery time problems And went with fvd. I thought of fabspeed but herd there stuffs starting to be more massed produced

Old 07-25-2014, 02:39 AM
A couple hundred difference for the bypass pipes but a couple thousand bucks for an exhaust.

I'm going to try hitting up my local exhaust place this weekend to see about a magnaflow set up. Should be able to get it done for pretty cheap. Will probably go with either Fabspeed or FVD for bypass pipes later.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by jdubbya
A couple hundred difference for the bypass pipes but a couple thousand bucks for an exhaust.

I'm going to try hitting up my local exhaust place this weekend to see about a magnaflow set up. Should be able to get it done for pretty cheap. Will probably go with either Fabspeed or FVD for bypass pipes later.
Yeah amazing how expensive , nothing like working on a Chevy or ford . The chip for those only cost three to four hundred. Then you have porsche thousand plus.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by Waitin4Dv
Yeah amazing how expensive , nothing like working on a Chevy or ford . The chip for those only cost three to four hundred. Then you have porsche thousand plus.
Yep. I'm used to with Ferrari, but it can be argued there just weren't enough of them made for big aftermarket companies to bother with, too small a market.

Certainly not the case with Porsche though but it is what it is!! Still fun!!

Old 07-26-2014, 03:32 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
Customer service is what wins business.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:53 PM
Stopped by my local exhaust shop and they say they can do a magnaflow set up for less than $500.

They said if I wanted to bring parts it's just shop labor and it would take about 1.5 hours to install it all. I looked up parts and I can get all the parts, mufflers, tips, and X pipe for ~$300. Going to order parts today and hopefully have them to be installed this weekend. Should come in about $450-$500 total.

Looks like muffler part #11226 if anyone is interested. I'll try to remember to start another thread with before and after pics and maybe video!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: leistung motorsports powerkit cayenne turbo 957