Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Need help about that boost leak I have - P0299

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 08:48 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Need help about that boost leak I have - P0299

A while back I noticed in durametric, that the car (05CTT) has thrown a code:

P0299
Turbo/Super Charger Underboost - Value below lower limit value, test conditions are not-completed, fault is not currently active and is not causing a DTC light

I looked around the forums, read the threads and I do know that my next step would be to take to a shop to troubleshoo the leak or try to find on my own.
I want to try to find on my own first.

What I need help with is selecting which turbo boost leak gauges I should buy to help with the troubleshooting. On ebay they have a whole bunch of gauges which people make to sell, but I am not sure which ones I would need.

Can anyone from here suggest how I can choose and where they would have to plug in on the car to do the troubleshoot? There are many great minds on here, and I hope I can summon their brains to help me go to next step (get tools to do the troubleshoot). After that, I will be able to take time and see where the leak is coming from.

Will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:18 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Ciaka,

You should look into my recently posted YPipe thread. In there, I show a boost leak tester that I just built for my Cayenne.